42

Michael and Laura were at Michael's again the next day, they were sitting across from each other holding hands and giggling. It was just the two of them at the house.

They couldn't stop laughing at each other, and at this point they weren't even sure why they were laughing anymore.

"Hey, what are you doing for Christmas?" Michael asks, moving closer to Laura as their laughter dies down.

"Oh, well, not much actually." Laura replies, "I think my mom, Ty and I will be going to visit my grandmother but that's probably it. My family isn't big on the holidays."

That was somewhat a lie. Her family used to be big on the holidays. Not anymore, though. Her dad loved the holidays, Christmas was his favourite time of the year. Ty was upset they didn't do as much for Christmas anymore either.

"Well, why don't you come to my family's Christmas dinner?" Michael nervously asks, not making eye contact with his girlfriend.

"I don't know, I mean, I'd love to! But, nobody knows we're together yet, I don't think your mom will be okay with me going." Laura replies.

"Well, now could maybe be the time we tell people? If you're okay with that? Unless you plan on breaking up with me because you don't like this I get it I mean-"

"Stop talking, I'd love to tell everybody." She chuckles, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I'm excited." Michael whispers, his lips brushing against Laura's as he speaks.

"Me too." She smiles.

"Will you think about coming with me on Christmas? It would be great having you there." Michael says.

"Yeah, okay. That'd be great." Laura mumbles, a small smile on her lips.

Michael couldn't stop smiling. He couldn't wait to tell their friends.

//

Before Michael heads out to go meet up with his friends and his girlfriend, he knew he had to speak to his mom.

"Mom, hey. I wanted to talk to you, if that's okay?" Michael asks, sitting next to his mother on the sofa.

She pauses her movie, looking over at him, "Michael, of course."

"I-I just wanted to let you know that, uh, Laura and I are together a-and I'm really happy and I'm sorry I-I didn't tell you sooner and-"

"Sweetheart, stop rambling." She giggles, interrupting her son, "I'm happy you're happy. Laura is a very sweet girl and I'm glad you told me."

He was glad she's taking it so well, he figured she'd have a hard time after she saw him struggle in his last relationship. 

Michael chuckles, "I just thought I'd let you know. Especially since I'm going to ask you about something else. Uh, is it okay if Laura spends Christmas with us? She doesn't do anything with her family."

"Of course! Laura is always welcome, Michael." She smiles.

"Okay, well I have to get going, I'm already late to pick up Laura and Chloe." Michael says as he gets up.

"Have fun! Be safe, don't ruin my car!" She calls as he heads towards the door.

"Don't worry about me!" He replies right before he steps out.

He was excited to let Laura know they'd be able to spend Christmas together.

That's when the nerves hit him.

They were spending Christmas together. They were getting pretty serious, and it was pretty fast. He really liked her, he still wanted to be with her. But it was hitting him that they're together. She's going to meet his family.

Michael turned around and started heading towards Chloe's instead of Laura's. He really wanted to talk to his best friend.

When he gets to Chloe's, she gets in the backseat and he quickly turns to face her.

"Uh, hey?" She chuckles, "Where's Laura?"

"She's meeting my family, Chloe."

"What? Right now?" Chloe asks, clearly confused.

"No, she's coming with me to Christmas dinner. I didn't think I'd be this terrified. But I'm, excited?" He replies as he turn forward again to drive to Laura's. He realized he did not want to face Chloe for this conversation.

"Wow, that's kind of a big deal. It's also definitely not you at all, are you okay? I've never seen you like this." She replies.

"I don't know what's happening to me. I actually care what she thinks and I- I, Chloe, help me." He says, as he turns onto Laura's street.

"I don't know what you want me to say. Whatever I say you'll get mad at." She says, looking out the window at Laura's house.

"What? C, please." He begs as he pulls into Laura's driveway.

Chloe sighs, leaning forward, "Michael, you're falling in love with her. Accept it."

__________

why am I so awful at updating I'm so sorry. I'm super stressed w school but it's done in about a month so hopefully I get better at this after that's done!!