16

As Michael sat on the bus, he really wished he hadn't promised Chloe he'd talk to Laura. He was scared, and not ready.

He had promised Chloe though, and there was no way he could ever break a promise he made to Chloe.

"Mike, we're gonna go see a movie after school, are you gonna come?" Ashton asks, looking over the seat.

"Oh, yeah. Sure." Michael replies, weakly smiling at Ashton.

Michael didn't really want to go, but because he hasn't been spending much time with his friends lately he felt as if he had to go.

"Wow, that's great, you're actually agreeing to it." Ashton smiles, taking his seat again.

Michael put his earphones back in, right before they pulled up at Laura's stop.

He looks back at Chloe, who gives him a look, and he knows it's because she wants him to talk to Laura.

When Laura sat next to him, he smiles.

He doesn't speak, though.

Michael was nervous. He was so nervous. He truly believed he couldn't talk to her.

When they pull up at school and Michael still hasn't talked to her, he knows Chloe will yell at him.

By the time they get to their lockers, Michael's rolled his eyes multiple times at Chloe, who won't stop bothering him about Laura.

"C, I get it." He mumbles, putting his stuff into his locker.

"No, Mike. I don't think you do. You like her-"

"Chloe!" Michael whines, not wanting her to say he likes her. He doesn't.

"Can you just admit it? We're not in eighth grade, I totally understand if you like her. I'm not going to bug you about it." Chloe says quietly as Ashton shows up to their lockers.

Michael wouldn't admit it. He couldn't.

He didn't believe he liked Laura. He didn't want to believe he liked Laura.

Chloe knew, though. That's why she was so hard on him to talk to her. They're best friends, she could tell he liked her, and she was excited.

//

Laura smiles when Michael sits with her in the cafeteria. She always felt great when Michael sat with her.

"Hey, Laura." He smiles back at her, taking a seat across from her.

"What's on your music today?" She mumbles, him barely hearing her and she reaches out to his phone.

She read Yesterdays by Guns n' Roses and smiled up at him. Laura loved what he listens to, it was awesome.

"Nice." She smiles up at him.

"I know, my music is just too good." He smirks.

Laura kept smiling, she just felt great today, and Michael always brightened her mood for some reason.

"I mean, it is pretty great." She grins.

Michael couldn't stop staring at Laura. She was so intriguing to him, he just couldn't help it.

Neither of them knew it, but they were the reason for each other's happiness that day.

____________

hey thanks for reading this ur all awesome