11

Michael decided today is going to be the day. He was going to sit with Laura at lunch.

She's been sitting alone, and he talked to her today. He wanted to sit with her, but he was nervous, once again.

When entering the caf, none of his friends were at their table yet, but Laura was at hers. It made it a little easier going to sit with her, since his friends wouldn't be staring him down as he approached her.

He took a deep breath before casually making his way over to her.

"Hey, Laura." He quietly says, sitting down across from her.

"Oh, hey, Michael." She smiles, looking up from her phone that's resting on the table.

"Is it okay if I sit with you?"

"Oh, yes, obviously. I sit alone everyday, why wouldn't it be okay?" She lightly chuckles, trying to not show how embarrassed she really is that she sits alone everyday.

"I thought I'd sit with you today, considering we sit next to each other on the bus everyday." Michael smiles, looking up at her.

She was happy, Michael seemed like a sweetheart, even though she originally assumed he was an asshole.

"No music again? First this morning, and now? Wow."

He chuckles, "Nope. I actually left my headphones in my locker."

"Aw, that's tragic. Your music is pretty great, Clifford."

Again, Michael wasn't sure how she knew his last name. He brushed it off though, it really wasn't much, they do go to the same school.

"If I knew you liked my music so much I would've brought my earphones down." He says, lightly laughing.

"I mean, you pretty much have my whole '2000s emos' playlist and all my favourite 80s bands in one playlist, it's kind of awesome." She says, looking at him.

"You have a playlist called '2000s emos'?" He questions, a small smile showing up on his face.

"Uh, who doesn't?"

"I mean-" Michael stops talking, when he sees Ashton, Calum and Chloe all staring over at him and Laura.

She gives him a confused look, before turning to see what he's looking at. Laura chuckles, turning back to Michael.

"I'm used to being stared at by people from that table. You'll get used to it." She smirks.

Michael knows she's referring to him, and he tries to not think about it. Thinking about her catching him staring at her is too embarrassing for him to handle.

"Maybe you should just sit with us at our table. Then it wouldn't happen." He says, chuckling at her.

"You know, as nice as that sounds, I don't know how long I could be around some of your friends." She says.

Michael appreciated her honesty, really. He also felt as if he should've been offended, but he knew they could be annoying.

Laura was hoping she wasn't being a huge bitch to Michael already, she really felt as if she couldn't help it though.

When Michael notices Calum get up he nervously looks to Laura, "Uh-"

"Hey, Michael. Laura." Calum says, nodding at Laura.

She smiles but when he looks away, rolls her eyes. Michael tries to hold in a laugh as he looks up at Calum.

"Did you need something?" Michael questions, even though he already knew Calum would be asking him to go outside and smoke.

"You coming to smoke?" He asks.

"Uh-"

"We'll both come." Laura says, getting up.

Calum nods, "Nice."

Michael glares at Calum, as the three walk out to the usual spot.

Laura occasionally smoked. She was a social smoker, she only ever did it when she was out with friends.

She wasn't friends with those people anymore, though. Not only because she switched schools, because they're all assholes.

"Here." Calum says, getting Laura's attention. He hands her a cigarette, and she gives him a small smile to thank him.

Laura didn't think Michael would've been a smoker, but obviously he was, as he was lighting a cigarette.

"I didn't know you smoked." Michael says, looking over at her.

"I didn't know you smoked either. I guess we're just learning so much about each other." She replies, trying her hardest to not smirk.

Michael just shook his head, trying to figure the girl out.

________

hi. thank u for reading.