64

Laura and Michael were sitting in a small cafe farther out of the tourist area of the city. Michael and his friends have come to New York quite a bit, they've found their own little spots around the city to hang out in.

The couple have been debating music opinions all afternoon, wether it be singers, bands or the artists in the bands, and even songs. They were having too much fun. 

"Okay, Bret Michaels or Vince Neil?" Laura asks, having Michael try to pick between two iconic lead singers of the 80s.

"Oh shit, I can't do that." Michael replies, not sure if he could decide.

"Slash or Richie Sambora?" Laura questions, raising her eyebrows at him, moving on to 80s lead guitarists.

"Okay, nobody can beat Slash. He's like, a god." Michael quickly replies.

She smiles before asking a new question, "Def Leppard or Poison?"

"Fuck this. I quit. Bon Jovi or Skid Row?" Michael asks.

"Oh my god, uh, I probably listen to Bon Jovi more but I love Skid Row. Shit-"

"Now you understand the struggle of this little game." Michael laughs, "Nickelback or Nickelback?"

"You're the only person I know who likes that band!" Laura giggles.

"Look at this photograph, every time I do-"

"Shut up!" She quietly exclaims, laughing at her boyfriend.

"Marianas Trench or Sum 41?" He asks, challenging her on two of his favourite Canadian bands.

"Marianas Trench. Easy." She smirks.

"I wouldn't be able to decide." Michael chuckles, smiling at her.

"Ready? Favourite Guns N' Roses song, go." She says.

"Uh... November Rain. I know it's like one of their most popular but it's still good, okay!" Michael replies, whining when defending himself.

She giggles, "No, I understand. The video's great too. Slash in front of a chapel in the middle of a desert? Classic."

"So, your favourite Justin Bieber song?"

Laura laughs, "Justin Bieber? We went from Guns N' Roses to Justin Bieber?"

"Yes. Now answer." He smiles.

"Um... Overboard. I don't know, Love Me was a great song too..." She mumbles, not appreciating being asked her favourite Justin Bieber song, considering she has a few.

"Wow, nice one. I was expecting Sorry or something." He smirks.

"It's not my fault I was sucked into liking him when I was younger! Sorry is good though." She defends as she blushes, again, because it's Justin Bieber.

He chuckles before she asks, "Okay then. Favourite One Direction song?"

"What A Feeling, or Tell Me a Lie. Up All Night is a great song. Loved You First? Happily? Laur, you can't make me do this." Michael sheepishly smiles, a little embarrassed he said all of that.

"Who knew, Michael Clifford loves One Direction." Laura giggles. She knew he listened to them, but not that much.

He chuckles, "Okay, we're both saying our favourite boyband, not One Direction, ready? Go."

"Backstreet Boys."

"*NSYNC."

They both stare at each other in horror, not believing they're going to have to go through the fight many have had for years.

Laura gasps, "Michael, how could you be team *NSYNC?"

"Uh... Bye Bye Bye, It's Gonna Be Me, Tearin' Up My Heart? They're iconic?" Michael states, completely shocked Laura didn't agree with him.

"Um, Backstreet Boys? The best selling boyband of all time? I Want It That Way? Larger Than Life? The Call? Their dances? The iconic song Everybody, with the dance? They're still alive unlike your dead *NSYNC that flopped after a few years."

Michael rolls his eyes, "Okay, but we got Justin Timberlake from *NSYNC, so..."

"I understand Timberlake is literally a god, but who else is in the band? Right, that's what I thought." Laura says.

"JC Chasez. Lance Bass. Chris Kirkpatrick. Joey Fatone." Michael quickly says, making her giggle. "Do you even know AJ's last name?"

"McLean. Next!" She laughs, unable to control her laughter at this conversation.

"Didn't Kevin leave for like, six years?" Michael asks.

"Hasn't *NSYNC been dead since 2002?" Laura fires back.

"Okay this needs to stop, we won't ever speak to each other again if we continue." Michael sighs, chuckling at the two of them.

"I win, Backstreet Boys forever." She says, a smirk on her lips.

"Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco?" He questions, changing the subject.

"Oh, Panic!, I think. Maybe Fall Out Boy. I don't know." She replies.

He looks up at her as a small smile makes its way onto his face, "Same."

She chuckles, "The 1975, or... LANY?"

"The 1975 for sure, who do you think I am?" Michael tells her, "LANY's a great band too though."

Moments later, Michael gets a phone call from Chloe.

"Hey, what's up?" Michael asks, apologetically looking to Laura.

"I'm so sorry, I know you're with Laura. I just wanted to make sure you guys are doing okay."

"Yeah, we're great. Are you okay?" Michael lightly chuckles.

"Yeah. Just calling to let you know your mom knows I'm not with you guys, but yeah it's going good." Chloe says, trying to stay casual but knows Michael is going to freak out.

"Chloe! Why?" Michael groans.

"She thinks the others are there with you still, don't worry. I almost came out to my mom, but I freaked out and went to talk to your mom." She replies, completely stressed.

"Oh. Shit. I'm sorry. I hope she was helpful, C." Michael tells her, feeling bad that he just got mad at her when she probably isn't feeling the greatest.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Your mom's the greatest. I'm about to eat dinner with her now. Enjoy your time with Laura, I just wanted to let you know." Chloe replies, before they say their goodbyes.

"Sorry, Laur. I think we should head back into the city now." Michael says, standing up.

Laura nods, a smile on her face, "Yeah, I'm glad to go anywhere with you."

_____________

I've wanted to make this book so much about music I've had this written forever I'm so happy to have this in here dont judge me

I literally haven't replied to comments in years bc it makes me nervous but I might have to debate y'all (if y'all actually comment but anyways) LUV U SO MUCH