26

Laura had no idea where that confidence came from. She thought maybe she was still drunk from the night before.

"Yeah, oh my god, yes." Michael says, sounding very relieved.

Michael was so happy. She wasn't scared of making a move. He did feel a little bad for being so scared and not asking her first, but he was still so happy.

"Really? Thank god." Laura smiles, letting out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in.

"I've been wanting to ask you out, but I was so nervous." Michael mumbles, looking down at the ground as the pair start walking again.

"I- I don't know how I blurted that out. I was so nervous too." She replies.

"How about tonight?" Michael suggests, trying to act casual when really he's screaming on the inside.

"Wait, really?" She questions, smiling up at him.

"Yeah, I mean it when I say I've been wanting to ask you out. I really wanna go out with you." He tells her, smiling back.

"Okay, yeah. Tonight then." Laura smiles.

"I'll come by around seven, is that okay?" He asks as they approach her house.

She nods, "I'll see you then."

//

Laura was so nervous, she just finished her makeup and she was ready to go.

There's a knock at her bedroom door, and she turns around as her mom enters.

"Hey, mom." Laura smiles.

"Laura, I just wanted to come talk to you." Her mom says, sitting on Laura's bed.

"What's up?" Laura asks, sitting next to her.

"I wanted to say have fun tonight. I don't know much about this Michael boy, but Ty tells me he's very nice and that you like him a lot." Her mom smiles.

"Remind me to not tell Ty personal information." Laura chuckles.

"Hey, he's just happy for you. I mean, you won't tell me anything, how else will I get my information?" Her mom laughs. "But, something else. Last night, Laur... it can't happen again. I told Kevin you got home late and left again early this morning to see your friends. I can't keep lying for you though." 

Laura tries to stay calm, when all she can feel is anger bubbling inside her, "I know. I'm sorry. It would be awesome if he just left me alone, but whatever." 

"He's part of this family, he is my husband."

"Well, he isn't my father." She retorts, turning away from her mom and rolling her eyes. 

"Laura-"

"Well, I'm gonna go wait outside for him. I'll actually come home tonight, I promise." She smiles at her mother.

"Okay, have fun." Her mom calls after her, sighing as her daughter rushes out of her house.

Laura steps outside just as Michael pulls into the driveway. She was glad that she could get her mind off that conversation with her mom. 

She couldn't help but smile wide at him as she walked over to the car.

"Hey." Michael smiles, and Laura gets into the car.

"Hey, Michael."

"So, are you ready for our date?"

___________

okay, so, I started college a few days ago, I promise I will try really really hard to update. love u.