33

The girls had spent most of their morning walking through Central Park.

Again, Laura was very happy to be here.

"I know I've said it probably a million times by now but she's so cute." Jada says, as her and Chloe watch Laura soak in her surroundings.

"So, Laura, do you wanna go see Wicked or Chicago?"

Laura stops in her tracks, turning around and starting at the two in shock, "Are you serious?"

Chloe chuckles, "I'm serious, yeah."

"Are you serious!?" Laura shrieks.

"Yes, I'm serious!" Chloe laughs.

"We can go see Wicked? Really?" Laura smiles.

"Of course." Chloe replies.

Laura shrieks, hugging Chloe then Jada.

She couldn't be happier. This was all she's ever wanted.

When Laura was little, her mom and dad constantly had the Wicked soundtrack playing.

Her dad was somewhat of a 'theatre geek', he was constantly listening to soundtracks of musicals. Laura loved that about him, that he had so much passion for it.

Laura's mother didn't care for it nearly as much as her father. But that changed when her dad played the Wicked soundtrack through their house one day. There was just something about it they all loved, they really bonded over it. 

That soundtrack was truly one of the only things Laura had to always remind her of her dad, and how happy her family used to be.

Chloe notices Laura tearing up, and she frowns, "Laura, what's wrong?"

"This is just... I think this is the best weekend of my life." Laura whispers, hugging Chloe.

Laura hugs Jada, "Thank you so much, you guys."

"Aw, we're so glad we could make this happen." Jada giggles, happy simply because Laura is happy.

"Come on, we've got a lot to do today."

//

"Luke, hurry up." Michael groans.

"I can't make time go any faster. My shift is over in five minutes, you can wait." Luke groans.

Michael came to bother Luke at work again, but now he's annoyed that he's been there too long.

"Have you heard from Jada at all?" Michael asks.

"Yeah. We talked quickly last night. She said they're having a great time. She said that Laura's really happy and that it's really cute." Luke replies and walks off, not paying much attention to Michael.

Michael smiles, because he already knows she's adorable. He was glad she's happy.

After a few minutes, Luke comes back out to Michael, "Michael, lets go."

"Finally." Michael mutters, following Luke out of the building.

They walked to the closest bus stop, as Luke wasn't able to use his mom's car to go to work today.

"Are we going to Calum's again?" Luke asks.

"Yeah." Michael replies.

Michael sighs, pulling the sleeves of his sweater over his hands. He didn't think this through, it was getting a lot colder out and he wasn't too happy about it.

Luke groans, "Where is the bus? I want to get as far away from this place as possible."

"One of us have to get a car." Michael mutters.

"With what money? I'm saving for school. I have a job and I'm still broke." Luke says.

"I don't even have a job." Michael grumbles.

"You can work with me, I'll get you in." Luke offers.

"See, I want a job, but I don't want to do the work part, you know? I just want money." Michael chuckles.

"Too bad that's not how it works." Luke laughs, as the two watch the bus pull up to the stop.

Michael gets on after Luke, and follows him to seats in the back.

"Is Ashton gonna be at Calum's?" Luke asks.

"Probably, who knows." Michael replies.

"Have you talked to Laura at all this weekend so far?" Luke asks.

"No, thanks for reminding me." Michael replies, rolling his eyes.

"Sorry. I wouldn't take it personally. Apparently she's in love with the city. She's probably very busy with them." Luke tells him.

Michael sighs, "I know."

He stares out the window, thoughts of Laura going through his mind. Michael wished he was with her in New York City with her. He wanted to be part of this with her too.

"Michael?" Luke calls.

"Yeah?" Michael says, looking over at Luke.

"Do you think Jada cares about me?" Luke asks.

"Obviously. What kind of question is that? I think she's in love with you, to be honest." Michael replies.

"What? Really?"

"Come on, Luke, yeah. Of course." Michael replies, standing up with Luke to get off the bus as they arrive at their stop.

"That's just... Wow. Really?"

"I think so. I don't know. Do you not love her?" Michael questions as they begin their walk to Calum's.

"I- I don't know. I mean-"

"I'm not trying to force you to say anything. I'm just telling you she really cares, Luke. Don't do something stupid to lose that." Michael tells him.

The two arrive at Calum's house, and they knock at the garage door knowing Calum is in there.

Calum pulls open the garage door, smiling at the two.

"How are you guys?" Calum asks as both Michael and Luke sit down.

"We're great, are you drunk?" Michael laughs.

"A little. But I'm fine." Calum replies, sitting with them.

"Are you okay?" Luke chuckles, asking Calum.

"Yeah. My sister is home for some reason, but yeah, I'm great." Calum groans.

"You guys get along though, why do you need to get drunk?" Michael questions.

"She's been complaining all day, I can't handle it." Calum tells them. "Anyways, how are the girls doing?"

"They seem like they're having a good time." Luke says. "I can't wait for Jada to come back."

Truly, Luke was acting more excited than he actually was. Michael could tell. He wasn't going to say anything though.

All he could think about was Laura, and how excited he was to see her and talk to her about their trip.

__________

guys. I got Hamilton tickets. I basically cried at college. I was embarrassed. rip I hope I'll be able to get into the states in august.

also since I'm in love w broadway I obviously included it in this chapter.

I highly recommend listening to Hamilton tho ok. (or Rent. and watch the movie for Rent. and I do love the Wicked soundtrack.) I'll go now byeeeeeeee luv u