61

Laura knew Michael was going to ask the dreaded question some day. She was just always hoping deep down he'd never mutter the words 'when will I meet your family' because she didn't want him to meet them.

She's been in her room since he asked her. She's been trying to calm herself down. Laura doesn't want Michael to meet Kevin. She doesn't want Michael to spend more than five minutes with her family together.

Michael has met Ty, but that didn't bother Laura. She loved her brother. She didn't mind her mom meeting him that much, her and Michael have sort of met. But Kevin? She'd never want him around Michael. She'd never want Michael around all of them at once.

But even though she felt that way, she told him he could come over for dinner tomorrow night, and it scares her.

She was terrified, to say the least.

There's a knock on her door, and the door opens slowly, Ty poking his head in and smiling at Laura.

"Hey, buddy, what's up?" Laura asks, sitting up and facing her brother.

"Nothin' really." He shrugs sitting next to her on her bed.

"Are you sure?" She chuckles, looking down at him.

"Well, why aren't you taking to us about Michael coming over? He's really nice and I like him a lot. Why don't you want him here?" Ty questions, making Laura frown.

"You're smart, you know that?" Laura says, a weak smile on her face.

"I know! I got all A's again on my last report card." He smiles proudly up at her.

"I know, bud. I'm proud of you. But I'm just nervous about Michael being here and spending time with everybody." Laura replies, ruffling her little brother's hair.

"When are you telling Kevin?" He asks.

Laura sighs, "I don't know. I'm hoping he doesn't show up for dinner again. He's worked late all week."

Ty nods, "Makes sense. But if he comes home when Michael is here, won't he get mad?"

"I don't know, Ty. I don't know." Laura tells him.

Laura's biggest fear was Kevin walking in while they're all seated for dinner. She was way too stressed about tomorrow night, and she had no idea what to do. 

//

"Michael, babe, hi." Laura nervously smiles as she opens the door for her boyfriend.

He presses a quick kiss to her lips, "Hey, Laur."

Laura's mom comes up behind them, smiling at the two.

"Michael, it's so great to finally formally meet you." Laura's mom smiles at him, shaking his hand.

"You too." He smiles as he shakes her hand, doing an okay job at hiding how nervous he his.

"Laura, could I borrow you in the kitchen for a few minutes?" Her mom asks, and Laura nods.

"Michael, Ty's sitting on the couch waiting for you. He's excited to see you again." She chuckles, pressing a kiss to his cheek before following her mother.

Michael walks over to the couch, and Tyler smiles at him, happy to see Michael again.

Laura looks over at her mother, "He's probably worried now, what's going on?"

"I just wanted to talk to you. I haven't heard too much about this boyfriend of yours. I just wanted to hear about him." She replies, not looking at her daughter as she's more focused on cooking.

"Mom, you're going to love him, okay? I love him. That should be enough." Laura quietly replies, partially nervous to be saying stuff like this to her mom.

Her mother seems somewhat shocked, but does her best to hide it as her daughter weakly smiles when leaving the room.

When seeing Michael and Ty laughing together, she couldn't stop a huge smile from spreading across her face. She loves Michael and she loves Ty, it was amazing to see the two get along.

"What's going on out here?" Laura laughs at the two who seem to be having so much fun.

"Oh, Tyler here was just telling me some stories from school. He's a pretty funny guy." Michael replies, a huge smile on his face as well.

"Yeah, he is." She says, her smile never leaving her face.

Michael just stayed looking at her, he couldn't stop staring at her. She looked so pretty to him, just standing there with a huge smile on her face. He was in awe as he stared at his girlfriend.

"Kids, dinner is ready!" Laura's mom calls, the three of them heading towards the table.

Michael took a deep breath before sitting down, trying to relax. He knew everything would be okay, he just needed to calm down.

//

"Really, thank you again for dinner, it's was amazing." Michael says, as he finishes helping Laura and her mom clean up.

"Oh, Michael, stop! Anytime!" Her mother replied, a smile spread across her face.

Laura grabbed Michael's hand, leading him out of the kitchen.

"Turns out I was nervous for no reason. I love them, Laur. I love you." Michael tells her as he kisses her quickly.

This was all Laura wanted to hear. She was terrified her tiny house and her not so great family or the way she acted weird would turn Michael away. But it didn't, and she couldn't be happier.

"I love you too, Michael. I'm so happy." 

She was so happy with how tonight went. She was so glad Kevin didn't show up. It was just a great night where Michael got to know her family, and they got to know Michael. 

___________

I know this was bad I'm sorry leave me alone