77

Laura and Michael both slept in the next day, after the night they had. Michael was so emotional, it drained him.

She was awake before him and was going to wait until he woke up. But she had heard everybody talking downstairs, and decided to go make a cup of coffee for herself, and possibly get her mind off the Michael situation. After getting dressed, she went to go join her friends.

"Hey, girl." Jada smiles, as Laura walks up to her, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning." Laura replies.

"How was your night?" She asks, taking a sip of her own coffee.

"Uh, interesting, I guess. Do you think you, C, and I could go talk outside?" Laura questions, looking over at her.

Jada furrows her eyebrows in confusion, but nods, "For sure, Laura. Chloe, come outside with us."

Chloe looks up from her spot, nodding and getting up to follow the other two outside to the patio set. The girls all take a seat, immediately looking over at Laura.

Laura sighs, "I- I don't want to say too much of what was said last night. But, I know I need to talk about it."

"What's up?"

"Michael opened up, a lot last night, after I told him I knew about Bridgette."

"What?" Jada yells.

"You knew?" Chloe exclaims at the same time as Jada.

"Bridgette was related to my best friend. I've never really known the full story though, Michael gave me a tiny bit more insight last night." Laura tells them.

"Oh, so you guys had a difficult night then, huh?" Jada asks.

Laura shrugs, "Yeah, kind of."

"Poor Michael." Chloe sighs.

"I don't want to share much, since he has such a hard time..."

"I probably already know, Laur." Chloe replies.

Laura just awkwardly nodded. She didn't know what to say. Part of her hated the fact Chloe knows more about Michael, and probably will for a long time. It's not like she's worried about Michael and Chloe, Chloe would obviously never be interested in him in any way. But maybe she was a bit jealous of how close they were and how easy it can be for those two to talk about anything. She wished it was so easy for Michael to speak to her. 

"What, kind of, threw me off a bit was what he said, after I told him all of that and we talked a bit deeper and just..."

"What did he say, Laur?" Chloe asks.

"He said he plans on marrying me."

"I knew it!" Chloe exclaims.

Jada rolls her eyes, "You knew what?"

"That he'd marry her. I asked him like a week ago. He wouldn't answer me though."

"Chloe! I'm not ready to get married! I love him with all my heart, I'd never find anybody like him, but come on! That's not something I want to talk about at this point in my life." Laura quietly exclaims, worried that the guys can hear her from inside.

"I wasn't telling him to marry you! I just knew he was that in love with you. All I was trying to do was get him to admit it."

"Well get it out of his head!" Laura yells. After quickly realizing how loud she was, she slouches into her chair as she sips her coffee, somewhat embarrassed.

"I'm not the one who said it! Stop freaking out! It's not like he's going to, Laura!"

"Still! It freaked me out! We're teenagers, Chloe!"