10

Michael got on the bus in the morning as usual, but today was different. He didn't have any music playing today.

Ashton and Calum both looked at him like he was crazy, Michael looked back at them confused, before sitting down.

They thought something happened to his phone, or maybe he was sick. Really, Michael was hoping he would talk to Laura, or she'd talk to him.

He was nervous, again. Michael hated this feeling, he didn't like that she did this to him.

When she got on the bus and sat next to Michael, she smiles at him and he smiles back.

After a few moments in silence, she looks up at him before quietly speaking, "No music today?"

"Oh, no. I thought I'd take a break from that today." He says, giving her a small smile.

"I've liked seeing what you're listening to." She mumbles.

"So you have noticed."

"I have." She says, looking up as the pull up to the school. "I'm impressed."

Before he can say anything, or even look up at her, she's already stepping out of the school bus.

"Man, there's something about that girl..." Ashton says, hitting Michael's shoulder as he stands up.

Michael rolls his eyes, getting tired of Ashton.

He gets off the bus and heads to his locker. Ashton isn't there, but Chloe is, talking to Laura.

While Michael is putting his stuff in his locker, he hears the two girls discussing an English essay they already have to write.

"Michael, do you know where Ashton is?" Chloe asks, startling Michael from his daydream he was currently in.

"Uh, probably with Calum? I'm, um, I'm not sure." He replies, trying to be casual as he glances over at Laura.

A small smile forms on Laura's lips, noticing Michael was looking at her, she really liked catching him when he thought she wouldn't see him. His reaction was usually entertaining too.

"Uh, I'll be back." Chloe says, winking at Michael as she walks past, so Laura doesn't see.

"Still no music?" Laura asks, stepping closer to Michael.

He lightly chuckles as he shakes his head, "No, no music."

"It seems like you're always listening to music, I can never talk to you because of it." She says, leaning up against the locker next to Michael's.

"Nobody usually needs to talk to me, so I listen to music, since it's just as great as talking to people. Maybe sometimes it's better." He replies.

He seems confident to her, but inside he's screaming, he wishes this wasn't so difficult.

"Keep your earphones out, maybe somebody will talk to you." She smirks, before walking off.

Michael realized Ashton was right. Man, there's something about that girl.

Soon the bell finally rings, and Michael sees Calum is already in class.

"You're never in class before me, you're always late." Michael says as he takes his seat.

"I know. I was thinking of ditching, so I came to class right away so I wouldn't."

"Wow, look at you. You've changed. I don't even know who you are anymore." Michael jokes, quietly laughing as the teacher enters.

Calum just rolls his eyes, he really wished he skipped.

Michael was too tired to pay attention in class, he knew he was making a mistake by not paying attention. He's not great at math, so not paying attention wasn't a great idea.

___________

hiii thanks for reading