24

"Laura! You're here! And Michael, hey!" Chloe yells over the music, her bottle of vodka still in her hand.

"Hey, Chloe." Laura giggles at the drunk girl in front of her.

"Come take shots with me!" She exclaims, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the crowd, and away from Michael.

Laura looks back at Michael and shrugs, making Michael sigh, and give her a small smile.

Michael notices Jada and Luke, and he decides to go and see them.

"Michael!" Luke slurs, moving from hanging off Jada to hanging off Michael.

"Hey... I think you should slow down a little." Michael chuckles, holding onto Luke so he doesn't fall.

"Michael, he's scaring me." Jada mumbles, trying to catch her breath.

"How much has he had?" Michael asks, seriously worried about both Jada and Luke.

"Uhh, I think he's had like, ten vodka shots, six tequila shots, and four beers. I don't know, there could've been more, but that's all I saw."

"Holy fuck, Luke. The party only started an hour ago!" Michael exclaims.

"He's been drinking for a few hours, I don't know what's going on with him." Jada says, "He was acting weird earlier." 

"I love you, Mikey. You is- you are so nice." Luke mutters, losing his balance.

"Luke!" Michael groans, holding him up.

"Michael, will he be okay? I- I can't bring him to his mom like this, his parents will kill him. I can't bring him to my house, my parents will kill me for not being responsible." Jada panics, not sure what to do with her completely drunk boyfriend.

"Jada, hey, calm down, he'll be fine. Just go sit with him for a bit in Ashton's room. Come on." Michael sighs, helping Luke walk.

Michael wasn't that worried about Luke, he's a big guy and knows how to handle his alcohol. It seems like a lot, but Luke has had a lot to drink before and been fine. Granted, it never has been this much, 

While Michael was dealing with Luke, Laura was taking shots with Chloe.

"Chloe, maybe we should stop." Laura giggles, placing her shot glass on the table.

"No! Come with me." Chloe laughs, grabbing Laura's hand and pulling her through the crowd of drunk teenagers.

"Where are we going?" Laura asks, as Chloe drags her into the backyard.

Chloe just shushes her, and points at the tree in front of them, "I always come to Ashton's old treehouse every time I get drunk here. But I don't know where Michael is and you're better than him anyways."

While the two were hiding away from the crowd, now with a bottle of tequila, Michael was off taking shots with people he's basically never talked to.

"Michael!" Calum yells, smiling at his friend.

"Calum!" Michael laughs, handing him a shot.

The two each take a shot before making their way out of the crowd.

"How are you?" Calum asks, continuing to giggle nonstop.

"Drunk." He chuckles, sitting down.

//

By just after three in the morning, basically everybody had cleared out. It was a few other people and Michael's friend group.

Michael was sitting next to Laura, and she was still pretty drunk. Chloe was just as drunk, but she was up dancing with people she's never talked to.

Laura rests her head on Michael's shoulder and Michael was surprised, smiling because of Laura.

She was too drunk to even know what was happening, but Laura knew she was next to Michael so she knew she was okay.

Luke had finally sobered up, they were all terrified he was going to die, but he was fine. He only threw up twice.

Michael could see Jada, Calum and Ashton looking over at him and Laura, and they all looked really happy.

They were really happy for him.

Chloe comes to sit next to Laura, and she smiles at the two.

"Hey, Laura? Uh, we should probably get you home." Michael says.

"No. No, I can't. I can't." She quickly says, sitting up straight and looking at Michael.

"What? What's wrong?" Michael questions, genuinely worried about why she's so panicked.

"My mom and Kevin are going to kill me! I'm drunk a- and Kevin is probably- I think he will be awake and I will be in so much trouble and I'm gonna die and-"

"Laura, just come stay at my house." Chloe says.

"Are you sure? I- I don't know."

"Come on, let's go." Chloe mumbles, standing up.

"I'll walk you two home then." Michael smiles.

When the three finally leave, Chloe walks ahead of Laura and Michael. She wanted to give them space, hoping they'd be able to talk to each other a little more. 

Chloe couldn't help but smile when she looked back to see how the two were doing, because they were holding hands.

____________

hey, thanks for reading this. u guys are awesome.