36

"Michael, I need your help. I'm going to get all emotional. Please don't judge me." Luke says, out of breath, over the phone.

"Luke, I'm not an asshole. Are you coming over or are you just talking to me now on the phone?" Michael asks.

"I'm pretty much running to your house from Jada's. I'll be there soon." Luke says, ending the call.

Michael didn't know what to expect. Did they break up? Did Luke do something to her? Did she to something to him?

He was kind of worried, but he couldn't show that. Luke would freak out then not want to tell him.

When Luke got to Michael's he just let himself in and said a quick hello to Karen as he ran up to Michael's room.

"Hey, Luke." Michael says, looking up from his laptop. He moves it away from him, so Luke doesn't get upset, thinking he's not paying attention.

Luke sits at Michael's desk chair, and rolls it closer to Michael's bed, where he's sitting.

"What's up, man? Everything good?" Michael questions.

"Jada said she loves me." Luke quietly says.

"Isn't that a good thing? You really like her too, don't you? I mean, you have been together for quite a few months now." Michael asks.

"I do love her, Michael." He says rolling his eyes, "I'm having a crisis here."

"What's so wrong about this? I'm not understanding."

He takes a deep breath, "I'm terrified she's going to want to break up with me after I tell her..."

"Tell her what? Are you okay, Luke?"

"I'm bi, Michael. What if she thinks that's awful? What if she thinks I'm horrible? What if she thinks I can't stay faithful simply because of that? People really think that you know!" Luke questions, starting to hyperventilate.

"Luke, hey relax. God, don't fucking pass out. It'll be okay!" Michael says, sitting up in concern, not knowing what to do with his friend who's about to faint.

They sit in silence for a few moments as Luke actually begins to breathe properly again.

"That was a really chill way of coming out, until you started hyperventilating." Michael lightly chuckles. "Thanks for telling me though, Luke. It means a lot."

"Even though we're always rude to each other, you're still one of my best friends, I trust you with my life, dude." Luke mumbles, feeling a little embarrassed.

"You okay? You're one of my best friends too, I don't want you upset or whatever." Michael replies.

Luke lets out a shaky breath, "I can't believe I told you. I- I feel really great. I'm happy. Wow, I- I'm sorry, I just- wow."

He really didn't have to words to explain how he felt. It was pure happiness and relief, but so much better than that. 

Michael smiles, simply because Luke has the biggest smile on his face.

"I'm proud of you. I hope you'll tell Jada soon too."

Luke nervously bites his lip, "I don't know..."

"Okay, Luke. Jada is literally the most open minded person I've ever met, right next to Chloe. Jada will probably be so happy you told her. She might ask you a million questions, but that's okay, right? She's your girlfriend, she just wants to know you better. You'll be fine."

"I love her so much." Luke smiles, as he stares off.

"Do you think you're ready to tell her?" Michael

"I'll go talk to her now. I'm so happy, I'm in love and I'm not hiding anymore. This is crazy. Thanks, Michael, you're the greatest." Luke tells Michael.

"Is it okay if I ask how long you've known?" Michael asks.

"Oh, of course! It's been a couple years now, during sophomore year. And remember when I was gone the whole summer after our sophomore year? Yeah, I was dating a guy then. I broke it off with him when school started up again because I was scared. I didn't know how to tell you guys." Luke replies, avoiding eye contact, still a little nervous talking about it.

"I can see your still nervous talking about this, you haven't told many people, have you?"

Luke shakes his head, "I've told you, and my brothers actually know. I didn't think I could trust them when they caught me that summer. I cried for hours thinking they'd tell my parents."

"Luke, your parents are so supportive of you. They're some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. I don't think you have much to worry about with them. I don't think you have anything to worry about with anybody you're close to to be honest." Michael tells him.

Luke smiles, "Thanks, Michael. It means a lot."

"I'm really happy for you." Michael smiles.

"I should probably go tell Jada now." Luke says, standing up.

"As long as you're comfortable and ready to." Michael tells him.

"I've been wanting to say something for so long. Saying out loud makes me want to just run and tell everybody." Luke chuckles.

"As long as you're sure." Michael laughs.

"Wow. I'm gonna go tell her. Thanks, Michael, for talking with me." Luke says, quickly standing up.

"Everything's gonna be okay!" Michael calls as Luke rushes out of the room.

Michael really cared about his friends. He often acted as if he didn't care, and as he's known for, acting as if he didn't have feelings.

He sat there, thinking about these people in his life. He had no idea what he'd do without seeing them every single day after they graduate. They've had so many great years together though, he couldn't be more grateful.

All Michael could think was how could I have gotten so lucky?

____________

pls don't yell at me for this??? like it's 2016. I'm not saying anything about Luke irl. this is just for this book. okay. thanks.

also idk why u guys couldn't tell me not to get attached this guy lives four hours away from me and nobody has told me this is a bad idea like WHY NOT help me out thanks bye

not me reading that a/n above after dating that guy for a few months after being friends for three years but it going awful and never speaking to him again <3 but anyways!