17

Michael didn't take the school bus to school today, he ended up getting a drive.

He took his time heading up to his locker, it's not like he was in a rush, for he didn't care about class. He was here because he has to be.

Once his locker is in view, he sees Chloe talking to Laura.

Michael suddenly felt nervous, and he didn't like it at all. Something about Chloe talking to Laura by herself made Michael so anxious. 

"Hey." Michael says, forcing a smile once he reaches the lockers.

"Hey, Mike." Chloe says, quickly looking over at Michael before talking to Laura again.

The two girls quickly finish their conversation, Laura smiles at Michael as she walks off.

"I invited Laura to hang with us Friday after school." Chloe casually says, making Michael's eyes widen.

"You what!?" Michael quietly exclaims.

"Relax. It's just the two of us with her, it's not like you have to worry about anybody else. I'd never let the other guys around her, especially while I'm in the middle of setting you two up."

"Chloe! No! I don't know-"

"Michael. Let me do this. I know you like her, she might like you too. You're one of the only people that talks to her, you're nice to her. Please, I'm begging."

He sighs, giving up, "I mean, you already asked her to hang out with us Friday, so it's fine."

Really, Michael was kind of excited. He just had to act like he didn't care, or that he was frustrated with Chloe.

He knew he should stop playing these games, that he should just tell her what he feels. But he doesn't always know what he's feeling.

Chloe knew that Michael struggled with this though. She understood that he didn't always show his true emotions, she's known this for a long time. After some of the things she's been through, she knew this would be tough for him. That's why Chloe just really wants to do what she can to help.

"Michael?" She quietly says, not looking at him as she closes her locker.

"Yeah?"

"I- I don't think you're really mad, but I'm sorry. I truly believe you like her, I'm really trying to help you. You will thank me for this, I know it." She smiles, quickly hugging him.

He doesn't reply, and she just nods, walking off so she can get to class on time.

Michael sighs, still not really understanding. He didn't know how he felt, or what he wants.

//

Laura sat in sociology, in her spot next to Michael's and she kept looking over at him.

She couldn't really figure out why, though.

Spending time with him and Chloe outside of school made her nervous. Laura was excited too, though. She couldn't wait to get to know them better.

Laura never thought anybody would be so nice to her at a new school. It's senior year, everybody has friend groups at this point, she didn't think anybody would even look at her. Obviously she's happy with how things have turned out, though.

The thought of spending time with Michael outside of school did make her excited.

She looked up at Michael to see him looking at her. He smiles at her, and she nervously smiles back.

Neither Michael or Laura wouldn't say anything to each other, but they were both pretty excited for Friday.

___________

hey I wanted to update earlier but I graduated then went out of town then it was Canada day and I've been with friends and I'll try to update again soon before I leave for grad trip/5sos concert love u