76

The group sits down at their table at the restaurant, looking over the menus to decide what they'd want.

Their waitress approaches their table, "Hey, I'm Bridgette, I'll be your server tonight, is everybody ready?"

When the group heard that name, they all glanced over at Michael. None of them said anything, especially when Laura looked at them. They all just acted like nothing happened, and focused back on their menus to order.

Laura just looked at them all now staring at their menus as they prepare to order. She was only somewhat confused, but knew it was something that shouldn't be brought up right now.

So they all ordered. They all continued to chat, but you could tell that things were a bit off.

Michael sighs, leaning closer to Laura, "I- I can explain this. Eventually..."

Laura nods in response, forcing a smile on her face. 

She knew he probably wouldn't tell her, but that was okay with her. Michael had a hard time opening up and she's starting to get better at accepting that. Laura understood. There were things she'd hate to talk about too so she couldn't be too upset with him. 

"Is there anything you wanna do tomorrow?" Chloe asks the group.

"I'm down for whatever." Ashton says.

"Dude. I'm fucking starving." Luke groans.

"Lower your voice- are you high?" Jada questions, looking her boyfriend in the eyes.

"What? No." Luke replies, pulling away from her.

Ashton rolls his eyes, "Luke is always getting us caught."

"You guys!" Chloe whines, "I just wanted one nice night out together."

"It is a nice night. Luke and Ashton are the only two that are still feeling it." Calum tells them.

"We're fine! We know how to behave." Ashton says, trying to calm everybody down.

Michael leans over and whispers to Calum, "I need a cig, please, man."

He reaches into his pocket, handing over his pack and lighter before quickly standing up and heading outside.

All Michael was feeling lately was stress. The fact his friends all looked over at him at dinner at just the mention of a name was stressing him out. This trip was stressing him out, because everybody was leaving soon after.

Michael stood outside the restaurant, lighting a cigarette. Taking a drag, he frowns. Apparently, the start of the trip wasn't going to be great for him.

//

Calum and Ashton went out to a bar, while Luke, Jada and Chloe went exploring. Laura and Michael were curled up in bed together.

"Do you ever think about how it feels like we met so long ago, but it hasn't even been a year?" Laura asks, sitting up.

"I feel like I've known you for so long." Michael whispers, grabbing her hand and brushing his thumb against hers.

Laura smiles at him, as they sit in silence for a few moments.

"How did you know my name? When we first met?" Michael questions. It was a thought that came up from time to time. Though, he never asked her.

He's always wondered how the first moment they met, she said his name to him. They were never introduced. Nobody said his name in front of her. Them now talking about how they met, made him really want to ask.