Chapter 7

The real Hiccup pulled at the chains around his sore hands. How tight did Viggo ties these things! He was sure his wrist was at least sprained by now. He groaned and pulled at the chains furiously, trying anything to find a weak spot that would allow him to break free. But it was no use.

He closed his eyes and sighed as he leaned against the wood of the ship. This was pointless. But who knows. He might have a chance of surviving. If Astrid was still mad at him she probably would come to his rescue anyway. And besides Herby was still there. Hiccup was still baffled on how Herby managed to get every single detail of him down. Well except for the leg.

He felt like crying. Because of his dumb mistake Astrid was going to suffer the consequences. Hiccup wished he never snapped at her. He wished he could hold her in his arms and say he was sorry. Tell her it a brief moment of stupidity and would never happen again.

He loved her. H knew that. He loved her all the way to the moon and back and he would always would. No matter what. His heart burned for her and when she was mad at him, (like right now) his heart felt like it was breaking into a tiny million pieces with no hope of being put back together.

He brought his knees up to his chest and laid his head on them. He didn't know what to do. If only he could use his hands. Or somebody knew where he was.

No.

As far as Hiccup could remember his friends had been saving him from one disaster or another. It was time her go himself out of his own mess. He continued to pull at the chains, hoping they would finally snap. It still wasn't working! With one finally burst of energy Hiccup have one last yank at the chains and much to his shock, broke from their hinges and clattered the wood floor of the boat. "Yes" he whispered to himself and quickly removed the chains from his throbbing hands.

He rubbed his wrists, trying to make them feel better. They were still awfully painful. But his luck came an end when a guard was suddenly standing at the front of his cell, glaring at him. Hiccup put on a nervous smile. Then before he knew what he was doing, his fist flew out and struck the the guard in the face, sending him flying backwards.

He stumbled into the cell across from Hiccup, hit his head on the bars and collapsed to the ground, unconscious. Hiccup grinned. He never thought that working in the forge other Gobber would pay off. He reached through the bars and managed to get his hands on the keys around the guards waist. He quickly jammed them into the cell lock, twisted it, and pushed the door open.

He looked around, to make sure no other guards were around before he took off running.

~~~~~

"You did what"?! Snotlout shirked later that night. Astrid had gathered the the gang at the clubhouse to tell them about Dagur. Except Hiccup. Yes he had said sorry. But he didn't need to know. "I had Dagur train the Skrill" Astrid answered and crossed her arms.

"Umm" Tuffnut raised his hand. "That sounds like one of the crazy death missions I would come up with. And I mean that as a bad thing". Astrid rolled her eyes. "Well the dragon hunters know he's a traitor to them. At least Viggo does. And I figured we might as well use him, considering he was the one who freed Heather".

The twins mouths fell open as did Snotlout's. "I what, why" he stammered in shock. Astrid shrugged and turned towards Stormfly. "He's her brother Snotlout. Now let's go. We have two weeks to help Dagur so we can take down the dragon hunters".

"Is there going to be destruction" Tuffnut blurted. Astrid sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Well Dagur's hair has already caught on fire three times before I left. Who knows what the count is now".

Tuff looked at his sister and they both nodded. "We're in" the said and headed for Barf and Belch. Snotlout had a look of disbelief across his face. "And what about Hiccup" he crossed his arms. "Are we just gonna leave him here"?!

"Do you care" Astrid replied bluntly. Sure she cared too, but this was way more important. She could always fix things later. Snotlout stared at her before groaned and making his way over to Hookfang. "You so owe me" he growled before following her and the twins into the sky".