Chapter 20

Viggo, Ryker and Estie stepped up onto a small beach, secluded from the rest of a large island. "This is the place" Viggo confirmed. "Come now".

Estie gritted her teeth and followed Viggo and Ryker into a cave, barley visible on the side of a cliff. While Viggo walked ahead Estie fell back beside Ryker. "Remind me why he's in charge" she growled. "Your older"!

Ryker tensed. "You know why". He said bitterly and continued after his brother.

~~~~~

"Hey Astrid" Heather called as she ran up to catch her friend. "Are you ok? You look kinda pale"?

Astrid gulped. She wanted to tell Heather what was in that letter. But at the same time she didn't. She had been so shocked after she had read it she didn't know what to do.

Part of her wanted to tell Hiccup she found it, but then again, what if he wrote a long time ago and didn't mean those things anymore?

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" Astrid mumbled. "I just don't feel good". It wasn't exactly a lie. Astrid's stomachs was in knots. She felt lightheaded. It was just so stunning to see those words, written in black and white on the paper.

Heather looked concerned. "Maybe you should go lie down". Astrid nodded. "Yeah I think I should". She said quietly and turned and walked away. She however didn't notice the letter fall from her belt and onto the ground.

Heather did.

"What the..." She reached down to pick it up. She unrolled it and quickly read it. As she did a huge grin crossed her face. "I knew it"! She yelled but then quickly covered her mouth with her hand. "Yes"! She laughed quietly to herself. Then she took off running. "Oh Hiccup"!

~~~~~

"Thanks a lot Viggo" Estie mumbled as she miserably trudged back through the cave, scars and mud all over her arms and cheeks. "You know, a little warning would have been nice before you pushed us into the mud"!

Viggo simply crossed his arms behind his back and continued walking. "Estie, those caverns only permit a certain amount of weight. Only one of us could continue".

"But I'm lighter than you"! Estie yelled at him. "Why couldn't I have gone"!

Viggo stopped and turned to face her. "Because I know what I was doing". He smirked and continued on his way.

Estie gritted her teeth and balled her fists so tight, that they turned white. "Ugh"! She shouted and punched the nearest cave wall. Blood ran down her hand and she wiped it on her shirt. "Why I oughta" she mumbled as she trudged after Viggo.

~~~~~

Hiccup sat on the ground, leaning against Toothless, making some final details to a new sword. If this worked right, it should be able to light itself on fire. Like that's gonna go well.

"Hiccup"!

He looked up and saw Heather running towards him. Alarmed he stood up. "Heather is everything ok"?!

Heather placed her hands on her knees and quickly caught her breath. "Oh I'm fine" she laughed. "But I do have a question. She held up the letter. "Do you still mean this"?

Hiccups eyes widened.

~~~~~

Viggo stood on the deck of his ship, watching his men run off and disappear into another dragon infested island. He smiles to himself, thinking what to do with his new jar he found.

The liquid had been orange, which wasn't that excited. Just a orange blast. Pretty lame. Viggo couldn't wait to get his hands on the rest of the jars. Boy Hiccup would be sorry.

~~~~

Astrid tried to sleep, but she couldn't.

All she could think about was that letter. She couldn't believe Hiccup had really written that. Sure she had suspected it when she was younger, but to actually have her suspicions confirmed?!

She sighed and tried to focus on anything else. Finally she drifted off to sleep.

"You think I really meant that" Hiccup laughed as he dangled his letter in front of my face. "You think I really feel that way"!

I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. No, I felt like he had ripped my heart out and left it for wild dragons. I- I thought he really did mean that stuff written in the letter.

I watched with an aching heart as he ripped it up and dropped it into a burning fire that appeared from nowhere.

"No" I whispered as I watched go up in puff of smoke.

"Your pathetic Astrid" he snickered at me. "I can't believe you bought that"'

I stumbled backward and ended up tripped over my own feet and falling on my back. Hiccup reached behind him and removed a dagger. A sharp dagger.

Suddenly I felt powerless to move. Like I was glued to my spot. "Hiccup please" I stammered. "Don't"!

But I was too late.

Astrid awoke with a start, her heart pounding in her chest. She took in her surrounding and let a huge sight of relief when she saw she was still at the base. "It was just a bad dream" she sighed and stood up. "Still I have to know. I have to ask him about that note".

I really hate life right now.

I had a test today (which I think I failed!)

I'm really mad at my mom

And it's only Tuesday!

😑😑😑😑😑

But yeah, he's a new chapter
Sort of a blah chapter

To tell the truth I know what the general gist of the letter is just not what it says😂

For Tuffnut_and_Chicken : don't you just love Hiccstrid💗🎉! Also Dreamwork's is counting down to July 22nd, the don't know the real release date, but think of it this way. If Rtte gets released later, we'll probably have more spoliers by then😂. Sorry if I ruined it for you😋 Ps: Thanks!:)

For FirstBookworm : I still need to come up with a plan😂😂😂!
I was gonna wait two weeks to keep you in suspense but I wanted to update (cause I would forget again😂). I'm really glad you like my story. It makes me smile and and hurt my eyes from starring at a screen...lol. I'll update as much as I can!

To everyone: what do you guys think of a modern snowboarding story?