Chapter 37

Astrid and Hiccup ran up onto the platform, soaking wet. They had bailed on the water after the thunder and the fact it was down pouring.

Heather and Estie ran up to Astrid, completely ignoring Hiccup. "Viggo has the necklace" Estie gasped. "We have to get it back"! Astrid's eyes were wide. "Let's go" she shouted over the roaring wind and was about to run off when Hiccup grabbed her hand. "Are you nuts! You can't go out there in this weather"!

Astrid sighed and looked at Hiccup. "Some come with us"! Hiccups eyes widened. Astrid sighed. "Trust me ok"? Hiccup looked curiously at the three girls in front of him. "Ok".

"Wait" Estie said, "get the dragon eye"! "No way" Hiccup snapped. "We just got it back"! Estie sighed. "If Viggo thinks you'll turn it over, maybe he'll give the necklace back".

Heather and Astrid sighed. Heather turned to Hiccup. "Hiccup please". Hiccup couldn't believe what he was doing this. But he grabbed the dragon eye from Toothless's saddle bag and ordered everyone to stay indoors.

Dagur didn't budge. "Are you serious! You'll get killed"! Hiccup groaned. He wasn't in the mood for this. Heather took over. "Dagur you don't have to trust Hiccup, but trust me on this ok".

Dagur glared but sighed. "Just be careful". Heather grinned. "I will". Then her face turned serious. "Come on guys"!

Heather and Estie ran for the water and Astrid dragged Hiccup and the jumped into the water with them. She passed the necklace to each of them and the took off.

"You do know this stupid right" Estie muttered. "This is going to take forever"! "Not exactly" Heather smirked then raised her hands to her mouth and made a strange call. Astrid understood instantly.

For a while nothing happened. "Great"! Estie grumbled. "Now what"!

Heather ignored her. Soon she could make out the shape of something in the distance. It was only a matter of time before Windstorm was in front of them, happy to see the girls. Heather smirked at Estie then swan over to sit ok her side of the dragon. "Well are you coming" Astrid said and tried not to laugh at Hiccup and Estie's strange expressions.

Finally Hiccup got behind Astrid and Estie behind Heather. Windstorm took off through the water. It was time to defeat Viggo once and for all.

~~~~~

Viggo watched as lightning lit up the sky all around him. He smirked to himself. It would only be a little bit before Hiccup arrived with the dragon eye. Viggo was sure that Estie had told him about the necklace. And by now he was on his way here to do anything to stop it.

Viggo was right. He watched the water bubble in front of him as he hadn't left the shoreline. Four heads rose from the water. Viggo eyes the seashocker. What he could get for that!

"Hiccup you came" Viggo smirked. "I was wondering when you figure it out".

"I want my necklace back" Heather demanded as she Estie and Astrid crossed their arms as they stepped into shore.

Viggo let out a long breath. "That's the thing. I have something you want. You have something I want. What do you say to a trade"?

Estie was disgusted. "Why in Thor's name would we do that"! Viggo stopped smirking. "Maybe to save your life".

With a flick of his wrist a lightning bolt struck right in front of Estie who barley managed to miss it. She gulped. That was scary. Viggo didn't seem to care. "There's more where that came from"! He rose his hands in the air and bolts of lighting came crashing down around the four, causing them all the jump.

Viggo closed his fists and the lightning disappeared. Viggo only looked at Hiccup. "Ready to trade"?

Hiccup couldn't believe what was happening. Viggo could kill them all in a matter of seconds unless he forked over the dragon eye. But... What if there was no dragon eye to fork over?

Viggo was still pretty angry. "Oh come on Hiccup, just hand it over and I'll give serious consideration to giving you back the necklace".

"Yeah right" Hiccup said bravely. "You say you will, but you and I know both know you won't". Viggo nodded. "Smart boy. I guess I shouldn't have thought you'd fall for that".

He raised his hand again. Suddenly the lightning stopped and a huge gust of wind appeared. Suddenly Astrid flew towards Viggo, without any say. Viggo grabbed Astrid by the neck and held off the ground, barley not chocking her.

Hiccup growled. "Let her go Viggo"! He demanded. Viggo clicked his tongue. "Why would I do that. Don't think I haven't noticed that this one special to you". Viggo used his other hand to draw his sword.

Viggo was now as serious as a heart attack. "Last chance. The dragon eye, or else"!

"Hiccup" Astrid chocked, trying to get free. "Don't"! Hiccup hardly looked at Astrid. He drew out the dragon eye and looked up at Viggo. "What happens if I keep the dragon eye"?

Astrid couldn't believe it. Hiccup was really considering letting Viggo keep her and torture her like this?! Well then!

Viggo's grip only tightened on Astrid, causing her to squirm even more. "Oh I think you know".

Hiccup looked at Astrid, then Viggo and then to the dragon eye. "Ok Viggo" he sighed. "Just let Astrid go".

Viggo placed his sword away. "The dragon eye first"! He held out his hand. Hiccup gulped. It was now or never. He held it out but just as Viggo went to grab it Hiccup jumped back, and kicked the seashocker, which resulted in a huge blast of lighting.

At the same moment he tossed the dragon eye into the air, straight into the path of the lighting.

Everyone watched in shock as the lighting struck the dragon eye and blasted it into a million tiny pieces.

So yeah, this is the dragon eyes final fate.....

For FirstBookworm : Hiccstrid for life!💗 I really hope they kiss tomorrow! Or I'll cry! But I want to squeeze some more hiccstrid moments in here!

Time left:
2⃣hours
4⃣2⃣minutes
3⃣3⃣seconds

I already posted the quote.

Question: how do you guys plan to watch Race to the Edge?