Chapter 19

The next morning Hiccup decided to finally plan his next move. He sat under a tree, away from everyone else, holding some charcoal and multiple papers.

He knew Viggo wanted the lens. He had tucked the ones Astrid snatched away in his saddle bag for the time being. But he didn't want to rush into battle again. He looked up at the other riders.

Astrid and Heather were scouting the base looking for any clues to help them. The twins were fighting. Snotlout was watching the twins. Fishlegs was helping the girls. Dagur was trying to feed Sparky.

Hiccup studied Dagur for a long time. He was slightly warming up to Dagur, but not my much. He still had his doubts. He frowned as Dagur dropped a fish into Sparky's mouth. He couldn't shake this feeling that Dagur wasn't changing over to his side.

~~~~

Astrid dug through an old chest in Viggo's tent. She found books with information on dragons, lists of dust and some charcoal. But nothing of any use to her. She placed her hands on her hips and groaned. She wasn't getting anywhere.

Her hand brushed against alongside the rolled up paper she found in Hiccups chest and stopped. With the contest she had completely forgotten about it. She pulled it out from her skirt and was about to open it when Heather walked in. "Hey" she called, startling Astrid. "Find anything"?

Astrid quickly shoved the paper back into her belt. "Nothing. You"? Heather shook her head. "Not a thing. It's like Viggo knew we were here and took anything useful".

"Probably did" Astrid huffed. She closed the chest she had been digging in. "Let's go see how the others are doing".

The two left the tent and began the hike back to where the rest of the gang was. "So" Heather smirked as they walked. "Sleep well"? Astrid went white before she turned red. "Yes, why"?

"No reason" Heather looked at her nails. "Just thought I heard you and Hiccup talking in my sleep".

Astrid realized her point. "Oh wha- Oh come on! I was just trying to make him feel better"!

Heather simply shrugged. "Then what was the kiss for"? Astrid moved her mouth, but nothing came out. Heather just laughed and continued on her way.

~~~~~

"What do you mean "all according to plan""! Estie demanded. She stood in front of Viggo, who was sitting calmly on his chair.

"You know Estie" Viggo stood up. "We all know Herby can't act to save his life. So I figured that Astrid would eventually find out and then they would come find us. However they won't be able to escape".

Estie was furious. "You could, I dunno, TOLD US"!

Viggo walked around the small cabin below the deck. "Patience child. Clearly that is something Thor did not posses you with".

Estes face was as red as her hair. "I swear Viggo, one of these days-"! She was cut off. "Estie we'll all win in the end. But for now I want you to pretend you were captured by me, get back to Hiccups base and when Astrid comes back. Then tell her someone you care about is in our clutches. Knowing their dumb caring attitude, there rush right into our hands".

Estie huffed, blowing up her bangs. "Well at least it's a start"!

~~~~~

Hiccup finally decided what he had to do. First he planned to head back to the edge for weapons. The get the A team from Berk, and their best warriors. Viggo needed to be stopped. Who knew how many wild dragons he had killed by now?

Hiccup sighed and stood up. Toothless, who had been sitting next to him, looked up curiously. Hiccup scratched his head. "These next few days we'll be rough bud. But we can do this".

Toothless licked Hiccups chest, causing him to jump back. "Ugh Toothless! That's disgusting"! Toothless's let out a gurgle from his throat, which Hiccup could only assume was a laugh.

"Haha, very funny" Hiccup said rather sarcastically.

~~~~

Astrid had ditched Heather as soon as the girls ran into Fishlges. She ditched her for two reasons. One: Heather and Fishlegs had started talking about something stupid and two: she was still a little embarrassed that Heather had seen her and Hiccup last night.

She was never going to live that down.

That's when Astrid finally remembered the note. She pulled it out of her skirt, broke the seal holding it in place and unrolled it.

She read the letter over and her eyes went wide.

Ha!

You guys won't find out what it says till later! Sorry I can be like that😂 (just ask my friends)

Well I'm gonna try to update tonight cause I'm on a trip with my schools Yorker club and we'll be at the hotel for a couple hours. But I don't know if I can update tomorrow :(

There's gonna be a new hut and a dragon nursery at the edge next season!!!!!!! Who do you think is moving in?! Personally I hope it's Heather, because of her awesome friendship with Astrid, but that's just me.

Who do you think it is?

For Tuffnut_and_Chicken :Hiccstrid, Hiccstrid, OI OI OI! 😀💗👏 #Hiccstridrocks!

For FirstBookworm : Heather is definitely going to have her suspicions :)! And Hiccup and Astrid we'll have more moments coming! 💗

78 days....☁️