Chapter 10

Astrid and Heather arrived at Dark Spot island about an hour later. They landed on the northern side of the island on a secluded beach. Astrid pulled her axe off her back. "Keeps your eyes open" she warned as Heather dismounted. "This could be a trap".

Heather nodded and took out her own axe as well and they slowly made their way into the dense forest, the dragons cautiously following. As they made their way deeper into the jungle, Astrid noticed sighs of struggle. Torn up bushes. Naturally. Fallen trees. Of course. "Weird" Heather answered. "I don't think this was the dragon hunters".

"Why" Astrid wondered. This looked like a mess they could make. Heather looked down at the ground. "Look what we're standing in".

Astrid looked down. Her eyes went wide. A footprint, about the size of a nadder and nightmare combined and at least six inches deep. Astrid looked at Heather, worry flashed through her eyes. Astrid knelt down and ran her hand along the torn up dirt. She paused when she brushed away dirt that revealed a single normal footprint. But just the one.

"Wha-" Heather said, kneeling down. "But how can their only be one foot"? Astrid brushed away some more dirt. A small round hole sunk into the dirt about a inch or so away from the foot print. Astrid recognized it immediately.

"Hiccups leg"! She shouted and jumped to her feet. "What" Heather exclaimed as she rose up. "That's crazy! You said he was at dragons edge yesterday"!

Astrid looked around frantically. "I know what I said. But that's defiantly Hiccups leg. Look closely at it. He has a nightfury engraved in the bottom! See?!"

Heather looked down again. Astrid was right. It was to see, but a night fury like figure was implanted within the dirt. "These are fresh" she mentioned. "Which means he could still be on the island".

Astrid's eyes narrowed. "I don't know how that's possible" she muttered. "But if he is here, we need to find him. The Dark Spot must have caused this destruction".

As she spoke a loud scary roar echoed throughout the air, causing both girls to stiffen. Astrid's eyes flashed. "Follow the prints" she said. "Hurry"!

Heather didn't need to be told twice. Both girls took off sprinting through the woods, dragons bounding after them. The only thing Astrid could remember about the Dark Spot Dragon was its sharp as swords teeth. One bite and you might as well start digging your own grave. Somehow in its teeth, there was lethal venom that was injected into a person the second the teeth made contact.

However, unknown to the girls, the Dark Spot had spotted the girls and was following them from the sky.

~~~~~~

Hiccups head snapped up as he heard the roar of the Dark Spot echo throughout the forest. And it was close!

He gulped and looked around for anything that he could use to defend himself. And old beaten up sword lay in the corner of the wooden box. Well it would have to do. He scrambled to his feet and snatched the sword up in has hand. He cautiously peered out of the draping vines and his eyes widened with worry when he saw a tree or too collapses to the ground about 100 yards away.

But what really got him scared was when a voice rang through the air.

"HEATHER WATCH OUT"!

His hearted dropped.

Heather was here?! Along with someone else he couldn't identify. But that was besides the point. He had to save her. Hiccup didn't know what was wrong with him, but he jumped from the hut a good twenty feet to the ground. He landed and shot after the direction where the voice had come from.

What is wrong with you his brain screamed. Why are you racing towards your death?! But Hiccup already knew why. Heather was his friend and he couldn't just leave her hanging. And besides, if Heather got hurt, Astrid would stay mad at him even longer! That was not an option!

He sprinted through the forest as fast as his legs would carry him. The closer he got, he noticed the air got noticeable warmer, fire from the Dark Spot, no doubt.

That's when Hiccup heard the voice again. But this time because he was closer, he was able to identify it.

"Stormfly spine shot"!

He wasn't sure if he could panic anymore. He had hit his limit and probably passed it by now. She shouldn't be here! She couldn't be here! Hiccup would never forgive himself is Astrid got hurt. Especially when it was all his fault.

He broke into a clearing and his eyes widened in horror and what he saw. Heather lay on the ground, out cold, Windshear trying to wake her up. On the other side was the Dark Spot. Deadly as it could be, with its long horn like shaped teeth, completely dark blue, with black spots circling its eyes and the stripes around the tail. It looked like a cross between a tightened winged monsterous nightmare and a rumble horn. But what finally stopped heart was what the dragon was cornering.

Astrid.

"NO"! He shouted as shot forward faster than he ever had. Astrid looked to see where the sound had come from and her eyes doubled. "Hiccup no"! But she was too late. Hiccup shoved her out of the way just as the Dark Spot struck.

Well that's a wrap on this chapter. I hope you enjoy!

I also had a really great day Tuesday. Because I read the two most recent comments!

You guys are AWESOME!!!!💗💗

For @FirstBookworm: thank you for your comments! If it wasn't for you I probably would have forgotten about this story! So I thank you for encouraging me! I really appreciate your comments so thank you!💗💗💗

For @Httydn1fan: thank you for your previous comment. You made my day :) I sat in my chair smiling at the screen for at least five minutes, probably worrying my dad but who cares? Thank you for that!💗 Also I really enjoy reading you "it'll be ok" story! Keep it up!

So thanks to the both of you and Happy Friday🎉💗

Also ps: chapter 9 at the end with the scene with Viggo it says Hiccup broke into a wide grin or something. It should say Viggo. Lol Opps! I choose to blame auto correct😂

But anyway, just to clear that up!

Bye👋