Chapter 38

"No"! Viggo gasped in shock and dropped Astrid, who instantly ran over to Hiccup. Viggo stared at he broken bits of the dragon eye, which were lying everywhere.

"Why did you do that" Viggo shouted. Hiccup looked grim. "Because there are more important things in life. Maybe the only important thing to you is killing dragons but I care about other things! And I know your just going to keep coming after us as long as I had the dragon eye. Well you can't do that any more! So face it! You lost, for real"!

Viggo stood in pure shock. Why was Hiccup so stupid to do something like that! Didn't he know how valuable the dragon eye was!

"You idiot" Viggo stammered. "Don't you know how important that thing can be"! Hiccup knew. "I do. But there are more important things than that"!

Hiccup noticed something gleaming on Viggo's chest. His eyes narrowed at the sight. He marched strait up to Viggo and glared directly into his eyes.

"I feel sorry for you Viggo" he said. "You spend all your time manipulating people so you can come out on top. You don't care about anyone but your self. All you want is dragons going to their graves. Well I can tell you something Viggo Grimborn. You'll never be a true chief.

With that Hiccup balled his fists and punched Viggo square in the jaw!

Viggo stumbled backwards, slightly dazed. Before he knew what was happening Hiccup yanked off the amulet Viggo wore around his neck, which contained the wave charm. "I'll take that" Hiccup snarled then stormed away.

Away from the dragon Hunter island. Away from Viggo. Away from the dragon eye. And back towards home.

~~~~~

"Wait a minute" Fishlegs gasped later that evening. "You destroyed the dragon eye"?! Hiccup had gathered everyone in the clubhouse to tell the news. He nodded gravely. "Viggo would always keep coming after us until he got the dragon eye again. I figured without a dragon eye, he won't have a reason to come after us".

The room was dead silent, you could here a pin drop. Hiccup was worried everyone was mad at him. At last his father spoke. "I'm proud of you Hiccup" Stoick stood up. "That takes a real chief to do something like that".

Hiccup smiled. Maybe everyone wasn't mad. And soon everyone started agreeing with him that Hiccup did the right thing.

"Too bad we didn't get to discover any other secrets about the dragon eye" Fishlegs said trying not to show his disappointment. Estie's eyes flashed. She pulled out a worn down, leather journal.

"This was my grandfathers" said Estie. "It has everything he knew about the dragon eye". She handed it to Fishlegs. "I think you guys should have it".

Astrid smiled at Estie and she smiled back. Maybe everything would be alright.

~~~~~~

Later that evening Heather and Dagur were getting ready to leave. Astrid stood off to the side and watched. "We'll still stay in touch right" she asked quietly. Heather laughed. "Of course"! The two girls shared a long hug before letting go. Astrid watched Heather slowly climb onto Windshear.

Heather smiled at Astrid. "Hey, you know where Bezerker island is. Come visit any time".

Astrid grinned. "Same to you".

Heather smiled at Astrid then turned to Dagur. "Ready". Dagur nodded. "Ready". Astrid waves as they both flew off into the distance. She felt sad that her best friend was leaving. But she knew she would see her again soon. They had already made plans coming up very soon.

Astrid didn't notice that Hiccup had joined her. "Hey" he said, slightly starling her. "Hey" she smiled back. Hiccup took Astrid's hands in his. "You'll see here again" he promised. Then he looked around. "What ever happened to Estie"?

Astrid smiled. "She went off on her own. Said something about finding her true identity. She wants to rain dragons instead of killing them".

Hiccups smile only widened. "Well I guess everything worked out. Where your seashocker"? "In the cover" Astrid answered. "We can keep him right"?

Hiccup chuckled. "Sure".

His hands slipped around her waist and pulled her close to him. "You know, another reason I was glad you'd said you'd go out with me is that I can finally rub it in Snotlout's face, I got a girl friend before he did".

Astrid burst out laughing. "Is that all I am to you. Proof your a better ladies man than Snotlout"!

Hiccup shook his head. "No. Your so much more to me than that" he whispered before pulling her close and kissing her.

I think I might cry! The end has come! I love all of you so much right now!

The last few chapters could have been better but it's like 12:30 am for me and I'm really tired!

I hope you all enjoyed reading Race to the Rescue! 💗

I'll get my new story out sometime in July so let's all be ready for the new season tomorrow.

I might post a part where you can just write how you felt about the new season!

Well it's been a pleasure writing this story and I thank everyone for their support! Enjoy the new season guys!😘😭😋!!!

👇SHOUTOUT👇

For FirstBookworm : thank you so much for the support you've given me throughout his story! I can't believe it's finally finished!😭😱! I really glad you liked it! I can't believe the new season is so close!!!! I really hope we have those Hiccstrid kisses💗! And I'm just going to say thanks for everything one last time! Have a great time watching the new season!

Time left:
2⃣hours!
9⃣minutes
3⃣0⃣ seconds!

I already posted the quote.

I just wanna say I love all my readers and I really hoped you liked it! Enjoy the new season everyone! Check back for a new story sometime after July 15th! I'll try and get it up by then!

I love all you guys💗💗💗💗