Chapter 9

"Back to the grind." I mumbled.

I picked up Taeguk and got her dressed for the day. I needed to go grocery shopping since we just came back from our short trip. I drove to the nearest grocery store and put Taeguk in her stroller. I walked inside and started picking out some vegetables.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around to see who it was.

"Mina?" I said in shock.

"Hyejin!" she smiled, hugging me really tight. I wiggled out of her grasp and caught my breath.

"Is that your baby girl?" she asked, looking at Taeguk.

"Yeah. Her name is Taeguk." I smiled.

"Aw! She's adorable! You didn't tell me you were married! Who's the guy?" she asked.

"Um, he-" I started. She cut me off before I could think of a random guys name. I didn't want her knowing that I'm married to Taehyung. There is no shame in it but I don't want her going around and telling people. Telling BTS was already a stretch for us.

She started listing names of boys that I didn't even know existed in our school.

"Park Jimin?" I shook my head.

"Jung Hoseok?" I shook my head.

"Kim Namjoon?" I shook my head.

"Kim Seokjin?" I shook my head.

"Min Yoongi?" I shook my head.

"Jeon Jungkook?" I shook my head.

"Who else could there be?" she mumbled, thinking. I was begging for her to not remember but of course, in the end she did.

"Kim Taehyung?" I stayed silent and her eyes widened.

"Mwo? Jinjja?!?! Ah! Gurl... I knew you two were meant to be." she smiled, slapping my arm.

I chuckled nervously and started to slowly walk away she picked out her own vegetables. I turned the corner and was relieved when she didn't realize that I was gone.

"Hyejin!" I heard.

I was about to stomp my foot and whine when I remembered I was the adult here and not Taeguk. I turned around innocently and saw her walking towards me full speed.

"We should go out for coffee!" she smiled.

"Um, I need to go home and feed Taeguk." I replied.

"We can eat at a restaurant! I'm sure Taeguk wouldn't mind." she smiled.

I reluctantly nodded and went to the cashier to pay for our groceries. We engaged in awkward conversations like her studying and how Taehyung and I decided to stay together and eventually get together from high school. I obviously didn't tell her about me being his 'fake' wife for a while.

After arriving at the cafe (because I insisted that I wasn't hungry), Mina and I sat down.

"So, tell me what you saw in him." she said, sipping her coffee.

I decided to go to the sweeter route and got a caramel macchiato. I quietly sipped it before I replied.

"He changed from high school. He was mature, he wanted to do what was best for those around him." I answered. Obviously he hasn't matured at all, he's still a kid, but you know, I gotta put some convincing words out there.

"That's so nice!" she smiled.

I nodded and looked at Taeguk squirming in her stroller. I smiled and took a sip of my drink.