Chapter 26

"Hyejin! Hyejin! Don't close your eyes!" he shouted.

I nodded in response and squeezed his hand to occupy myself and to stop myself from drifting off.

"Open your eyes Hyejin!" he yelled.

It was only then that I realized that I was in a hospital bed, being wheeled frantically to an operating room. I thought I only had a syndrome, nothing worse. I opened my eyes and looked at Taehyung, his eyes glossy from exhaustion and tears that gathered. He stopped running and his hand left mine. I held my hand up, wanting him to hold my hand again but my eyes closed.

----------//----------

Beep. Beep. That annoying sound filled my ears. It was dark outside and a single lamp lit the room. My body was stiff and my head felt lighter. But my chest felt heavy. I started to panic when my breaths got shallower and shallower. I couldn't sit up because my chest was in so much pain. My hands felt the bed and searched for something that would help me breathe. My hand touched something soft and warm. It was his hand. My breathing immediately returned to normal when I felt his hand. I held his hand and stroked it softly, sending comfort throughout my body. His hand moved and I was scared he was going to leave me.

"Hyejin?"

I was comforted just by the sound of his voice. I heard the chair move backwards, creating an uncomfortable screeching sound. He stood up and I was relieved to see his face.

"You're awake. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm alright." My voice was scratchy and my throat and mouth were dry. He poured me a glass of water and let me slowly sit up. The pain in my chest worsened but I sucked it in and sat up.

"How is the pain?" he asked.

"It hurts. Really hurts." I replied, gulping down the water. What I really wanted to know was why I was operated on and why I'm here.

As if reading my mind, he spoke up.

"You had a minor heart attack. It's not caused by your syndrome but they say it was from a blood clot near your heart. They're trying to figure out what caused it." Taehyung explained.

A minor heart attack? Was this supposed to happen to me? I'm young and I'm healthy so why would my blood clot? I creased my eyebrows and my grip tightened on the cup. Before the cup could shatter into pieces, Tae took it out of my hands and replaced it with his hands. I looked up and looked into his eyes. They were wet and red.

"Don't scare me like that please." he whispered, his voice cracking.

"Please be healthy and please take care of yourself well. I don't want to lose you." he cried, burying his head into my lap.

I sat there, tears dripping down my face and onto his hair. I put my hand on top of his head and ran my hand through his soft hair.

"Why are you talking like I'm going to die?" I sniffled.

"I'm not going to leave you or Taeguk behind. I would never do that." I added.

He sits back up and crashes his lips onto mine.

"Do you promise?" he asked in between.

"I. Promise." I replied.

----------//----------

Before you continue, I just want to let you know that I am not comfortable in writing inappropriate scenes so you can imagine whatever you want in your little dirty minds. It will explain something that happens next. 😏

Today was the day that I went to the doctors to get my annual physical. I started getting checked up more often because of my health. After recovering from the surgery for a couple of months, my parents flew in from America and were with me at the hospital. I got used to the fact that I needed to be more careful and I couldn't be as rough with my body. I knocked on the doctors door and walked inside with Taehyung behind me. I looked back at my parents and they gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded and shut the door behind me.

"Please sit." my doctor said.

Taehyung and I sat down on the chairs provided. I squeezed Taehyung's hand and he gave me a reassuring look. I looked at the doctor and she had a very serious look on her face. She pulled out some paperwork and clicked her mouse. She paused for a while and looked at me and Taehyung.

"How is your chest?" she asked.

"It's way better now. It feels normal." I replied.

"Any chest pains?" she continued.

"No."

"Nauseous? Or tired?" she asked.

"Sometimes." I replied.

She nodded and handed me a piece of paper. I looked at it and it had messy writing on it.

'Minor heart attack caused by clotting of blood in the right aorta.'

Dr. Choi took back the paper and sighed, looking at another piece of paper.

"According to the blood work you have done..." she started.

She put the piece of paper down and looked up at Taehyung and I. All of a sudden she started to smile.

"You are pregnant. Congratulations!" she smiled.

"What? Really?" I gasped.

My eyes widened and I looked at Taehyung. His eyes were wide and he was smiling. He looked at me and gave me the biggest smile I have ever seen in two months. He hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to be a father of two children!" he smiled.

This was it. I was having another child with my Taehyung. I smiled so big my cheeks started to get sore. I turned back to my doctor and asked her one more thing.

"Is there anything else?"

"No. Your body is doing well and it seems like the syndrome is not getting worse. You are free to go." she smiled.

"Ne! Kamsamida Dr. Choi!" I smiled, bowing.

--------------------------------------------

A/N

Yay!! Happy news!! But sorry for making it so sudden. Thanks for reading! Hope you liked the chapter!

Annyeong!

--A