Chapter 19

"I-I don't think I can handle it anymore." I breathed out.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Tae asked, walking towards me.

"I mean, I don't think I can take the pain." I replied.

"Pain? Is everything okay?" he said, reaching out for my arm.

He grasped my arm and I immediately felt weakened by his touch. I blinked a few times before I realized he was staring at me, saying something. I gave him a confused look and felt my head spin. My ears were ringing and my legs felt weak. My body ached, I struggled to breathe and I felt really tired.

"Taehyung." I whispered, my eyes closing.

His expression changed from a confused to a worried look. My ears stopped ringing and I heard him shouting my name.

"Hyejin!" he shouted.

My eyes closed and I felt myself fall onto the floor in Taehyung's arms.

----------//----------

My body ached, my body was tense, and I started to panic. Where was I? Why couldn't I open my eyes? I started to wriggle around and felt thin blankets and a plastic handle. I grabbed onto the handle and tried pulling myself up but something sharp ripped out of my flesh near my wrist.

"Hyejin!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

I tried prying my eyes open and they finally opened. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the brightness. Taehyung's eyes were red and puffy.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, sitting by my side.

"I'm feeling okay. My body still aches though." I replied.

He nodded and held my hand, rubbing circles with his thumb. I sighed and sat up, looking at what was in my wrist. It was a needle. I was immediately frightened and gripped onto Tae's hand even harder.

"T-the doctor said y-you have..." he whispered.

I looked at him with stern eyes.

"What Tae? What did he say I have?" I said.

"Chronic fatigue syndrome." he whispered.

"What?" I breathed out.

No wonder why I had body aches, fatigue, and maybe some depression. But I've never admitted to it. Denial. That's what they call it. Tears brimmed the edge of my eyes and I hugged my knees.

"Taeguk is going to stay at my parents for a while." he said, as if reading my mind.

I nodded in response and wiped my tears. Taehyung embraced me into a warm hug and stayed there quietly, allowing me to cry on his shoulder.

"I love you. Know that Hyejin. I will always love you." he whispered in my ear.

"Let's go." I said, pulling away.

"Okay."

----------//----------

It was time for the reunion and I was getting ready. I took today very easy, after finding out I had chronic fatigue syndrome, Tae has been taking care of me and thankfully he let me have a break from Taeguk. Not that I don't want to take care of her, but, I just needed a break before the syndrome got worse.