Chapter 16

Hellooooo! So, this chapter will be formatted the same way as the last chapter. Happy reading!

Taehyung's POV

I rolled on my side, my arms immediately stretching out to wrap Hyejin into my body, but she wasn't there. Right. We had gotten into an argument about her friend Mark. I sighed and rolled off of the bed, walking to the bathroom in the hallway.

I heard the faintest whisper as I walked out the door.

"Wait, don't go."

I hurriedly got into my car and drove off before I did anything else. I made sure I drove at least two streets away from our house before I stopped the car on the side of the road and thought. I looked down at my lap and thought about what I have done. There were dark splatters on my jeans, from my tears. Tears streamed down my face as I blamed everything on myself, I made our family fall apart, I made Hyejin scared of me, and I hurt her.

I grabbed my phone and opened a new message to Hyejin.

"Hyejin, I'm so sorry. It was my fault for being so angry. I'm sorry I hurt you and I'm sorry I scared you. I love you." I typed. But I couldn't bring myself to send it. I'll give her a few days first.

As I got ready, I missed having Hyejin there making fun of the way I brushed my teeth or the way I rinsed my mouth. I finished washing my face and put on my glasses, changing into my work clothes. Before I walked downstairs, a picture caught my eye. It was a picture of Hyejin and I when we were still in high school. It was our first date and she was smiling really big. I was smiling really big too, we were inseparable during high school. I smiled at the memory and grabbed my work bag and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning appa, good morning eomma." I greeted my parents.

"Ah, Taehyung-ah. Come join us." my dad smiled.

I sat down beside my mom and looked at the plate of food set in front of me. Porridge with bacon, sausage, eggs, and toast. I thought about the things Hyejin would cook for me at home for breakfast and how simple it was. We didn't need these fancy dishes to make us happy.

"Taehyung-ah?" my mom said, waving her hand I front of my face.

I checked the time and got up from my seat.

"Sorry, eomma and appa. I have to go do something." I said, running up the stairs to my room.

I quickly threw everything into my duffle and ran downstairs, slipping on my shoes. I opened the message that I had typed to Hyejin last night and sent it. I hope she was up by now. I unlocked my car and started driving to our house. It was about a fifteen minute drive to our house without traffic but because it was rush hour, it would take even longer.

I tapped my steering wheel impatiently as cars rolled to a complete stop on the highway. I sighed and turned on my phone, constantly checking if Hyejin texted back.

I picked up my phone and dialed my parents numbers.

"Yeoboseyo?" my dad answered.

"Appa." I sniffled.

"Oh, Taehyung." he replied.

"Can I come over for a few nights?" I asked, wiping my nose.

"Did something happen between you and Hyejin?" he asked.

"Nothing's wrong. J-just, can I come over for a few nights?" I replied.