Helping out

12th January 1890

"Zoë I have some business to attend to. You are going to stay here with the other servants." Ciel told her at breakfast.
"Ok, what if I get lost?" She had been here for a week now and still got lost.
"Just stay in the library or something."

Once Sebastian and Ciel left Zoë didn't know what to do. She chose to take a walk through the garden.
"Morning miss Zoë." She turned and saw Finny. Finny was a young boy with large, turquoise eyes and pale skin. He had short, messy, strawberry-blonde hair clipped back with five red bobby pins- two on his right side and three of his left. He was wearing a plain top with red piping around the collar and plaid pants along with black knee-high boots. He was also wearing a straw hat.
"Morning. Would you like some help?"
"No thanks. I have it."
"Oh ok."
"But you can if you want."
"Thanks Finny."
"What about your clothes?"
Zoë was wearing her purple dress. She ran back inside and changed into her jeans and top. "I know I told Ciel I wouldn't wear this. But..."

She helped Finny pick out the weeds and water the flowers. They cared for each plant and Finny even taught her a few things about them.
"White roses are the masters favourite."
"They are beautiful. I can see why he likes them so much. What's your favourite flower?" Zoë asked.
"Mine? I love them all. Being outside alone makes me happy."
"Makes me happy too."

At lunch they stopped and Zoë went to find something else to do. She saw May-Rin washing the floor. May-Rin's square-fringe hairstyle was adorned by a lacy frill. Her plum-red hair was tied in pigtails. She possessed hazel eyes which were hidden behind a pair of thick, overly round glasses. May-Rin sports a typical maids outfit: a midnight blue dress with matching buttons and white pinafore with ruffles around the shoulders. Additionally she wore brown knee-high boots and long black stockings that were held up by a garter belt.
"Need any help?"
"I could use some, yes I could."
"What should I do?"
"Take the clean bed sheets and put them on the beds."
"Ok. Just let me get my muddy clothes off." She changed back into her dress and found where the clean sheets were. The next step was finding the rooms. Her room was the easiest as she stayed there most of the time if she wasn't in the library. After changing her bed she went to find the other rooms. She opened one door which lead to a beautiful room. She saw Ciels dart board and knew where she was. With care she took off the dirty sheets and put the clean ones on and made sure the bed was as neat as could be.
"May-Rin I'm done." She said once going round to the other rooms.
"Maybe you should wash the clothes you were wearing in the garden."
"That's a good idea." Zoë went to her room and carefully picked up her dirty clothes and took them to be cleaned.

Once cleaned and back in her room it was nearly time to start preparing for dinner. Ciel isn't back yet, oh well. Zoë found an apron and went to the kitchen where Baldroy was.
"Miss Zoë how could I help you?"
"I'm here to help. I've helped the others out and it's only fair that I help you too."
"Ok, you could start by cutting the potatoes." Zoë did as she was told. She had never done this before and hoped she was doing ok. Baldroy had dirty blonde hair and turquoise eyes. He was dressed in a standard chefs outfit, which included a long white apron. He had a cigarette dangling from his mouth and goggles hanging loosely around his neck.

When dinner was nearly ready Ciel and Sebastian came back. Zoë greeted them and went back to the dining room to set the table up.
"I see you helped everyone while we was away." Sebastian said from behind.
"I didn't know what to do and I had a little fun. I helped Finny in the garden, washed my clothes, put the clean bed sheets on and helped prepare dinner."
"What a busy bee you have been."
"Sebastian what's the date today?"
"12th, why do you ask?"
"It's my birthday on the 20th and I wanted to make sure I don't miss it."
"No one can forget their birthday."

That evening when Zoë made her way to bed she passed Tanaka,
"Evening Tanaka."
"Evening Miss Zoë."
Zoë turned sharply and saw the real Tanaka standing there. He was about the same height as Sebastian.
"Hey it's the real Tanaka."
"I hope you're having a nice stay at the manor my lady. But I'm sure you are starting to miss home."
"Now that you mention it I am a little."
Before they could say anything else Tanaka went back to his usual small self.
"Night Tanaka."
"Ho ho ho."