Tea, chess and demons

21st January 1890

"Achoo."
"Have some tea. It will keep you warm." Sebastian said.
"Thank you Sebastian. Achoo."
"That's what you get for dancing in the rain."
"Dancing in the rain?" Ciel looked up.
"It's something I have always wanted to do. I saw the chance and took it."
"Well that's something crossed of your to do list." Sebastian said leaving the room.
"Let's play." Zoë moved first. "Achoo."
Ciel made his move and Zoë knew what to do next. She had some tea and moved her piece, winning was something she wanted to do again.

An hour later Ciel said it,
"Checkmate."
"Beaten by the master." She sat back in her chair. She had stopped sneezing but her dress was still wet.
"I have something for you." Ciel pulled out her necklace from his pocket. "You dropped it this morning."
Zoë took it, "thank you very much." She held it tight "sorry about this morning."
"Stop apologising. It's fine, we all have our off days."

After another game that Ciel won, Zoës dress had dried.
"Sebastian." Ciel said, seconds later he entered.
"What?" Zoë was shocked.
"Sebastian, I want you to make us a big cake." He looked at Zoë, "Zoë you can help."
"What's the need for a big cake?" Sebastian asked.
"I want one. And how can everyone have a slice if it is small."

Zoë walked out the room with Sebastian.
"How did you do it?"
Sebastian looked at her, "do what?"
"When Ciel called. He only said your name and you were there."
"I just happened to be walking past the room that's all. The young lord must of heard me."
"Ok, what about the dancing in the rain? We were hidden by plants."
"I have my ways." He opened the kitchen door and found Baldroy about to light a bomb,
"Baldroy." He looked over and put the bomb down.
"Oh hey Sebastian."
"Me and Zoë are going to make a cake. Please go and find something else to do." Sebastian said with a devilish smile.
"Uh sure." He left.
"That wasn't very nice." Zoë turned to Sebastian. "He could of helped." She put her apron on.
"You and me were asked to make the cake. Not him."
Zoë chose to ignore him and get some eggs. She put them in a mixing bowl and added the other ingredients. Sebastian helped. The floor was slippery and Zoë once again fell. And as before she never hit the floor, Sebastian had caught her and helped her stand. Zoë just looked at him.
"What?"
"You were at the other end of the room. How did you get here so fast?" She remembered the other day, "this is not the first time either." It started to pee her off.
"I'm simply.."
".. One hell of a butler. Heard it before." She removed her apron, "excuse me."

Zoë sat in her room and looked out of the window. Finny was busy doing his jobs in the garden. He looked up and smiled at her, Zoë smiled back.
"What a pretty sight." Zoë whipped round and saw Grell stood there.
"What are you doing here?"
"Bassy is playing hard to get. I need someone to talk to." Zoë was about to kick him out but then chose to ask him something,
"You're not human are you?"
"I'm a grim reaper."
"So no. What about Sebastian? Is he human?"
"Bassy, no he isn't."
"What is he? Tell me and I'll asked Ciel to order Sebastian to spend an hour with you."
Grell thought.
"Alone."
Grell smiled, "bassy is a demon." He jumped around, "go and talk to Ciel."
"Ok. Stay here."

Zoë went to the study and found Ciel.
"Zoë? Aren't you supposed to be helping Sebastian?"
"We has a minor falling out. I went to my room to find a grim reaper in there."
"What's he doing there?"
"That doesn't matter. The point is, if he gave me some information I would ask you to order Sebastian to spend an hour with him, alone."
"What was this information?"
"If Sebastian was human or not."
"He's not."
"I know that now. So can you do it?"
"One hour?"
"Just the one."
Ciel called Sebastian, "is the cake ready?"
"In the oven now."
"Ok Zoë will take over. I have an order for you."
Sebastian gave a little nod,
"I order you to spend one hour with Grell, who is in Zoës room. He is allowed to do whatever he wants and you can't stop him. Are we clear?"
"Yes, my lord."
"Well off you go then."
"Bye bassy." Zoë shouted to him.