Birthday morning

20th January 1890

"Zoë wake up." Zoë opened her eyes and saw Sebastian stood there.
"Morning." She yawned.
"Quickly change and come to the dining room, breakfast is ready."
Zoë put her favourite dark blue dress and pinned her hair out of her face. Once she was happy she opened the door and walked through the manor. The mornings were the best. It was quiet, the servants would be waiting for Zoë and Ciel to start breakfast then Sebastian would give them their jobs for the day. The halls were lit by candles or the morning sun, making it seem like a peaceful place to be. Zoë walked down a set of stairs, she stopped halfway and took in the silence. Her birthday mornings were either full of her friends knocking at the door or her mother wishing her a happy birthday. Thinking of her mother made her remember last night with Sebastian.
"This is not the time to be sad." She quietly said to herself and continued to the dining room.

She opened the door and the morning silence was broken,
"Happy birthday!" May-Rin, Finny and Baldroy shouted.
Zoë smiled, "thank you." She sat in her normal seat next to Ciel.
"Happy birthday." He said.
"Thank you."
Sebastian brought their breakfast in, along with tea. Zoë saw that there was more than usual. But before she could say anything,
"As it is Zoës birthday. I have told Sebastian to make you guys breakfast." Ciel looked at the servants "sit."
"Thank you master." They said at the same time and sat while Sebastian gave them food.
"That was nice of you Ciel." Zoë said.
"You have become close to them. It would only be the best thing to do." Ciel took a sip of his tea, "Sebastian told me about last night."
Zoë sharply looked at Sebastian who pretended not to notice.

After breakfast Ciel disappeared and Zoë went to the library. She scanned the books looking for something new and interesting to read. She found that a book had fallen out of place, picking it up Zoë noticed that it was a photo album. Zoë was going to put it away but chose to have a quick look. Inside she saw pictures of Ciel as a little boy, also pictures of his parents. She even saw Lizzy as a little girl.
"I see you found the photo album." Zoë quickly turned and saw Ciel standing there with a box.
"Sorry, I was about to put it back." Zoë put the book down and walked over to Ciel.
"Always apologising." He handed her the box, "for you."
Zoë took the box with a thank you and opened it. Inside was a necklace, on the necklace was the Phatomhive crest.
"Wow!" Zoë loved it.
"I'll help put it on." Zoë turned and Ciel did the necklace up. "There you go."
"Thank you so much. You know I think I'm going to miss you."
"Same. I think Baldroy needs help in the kitchen." Ciel told her, trying to hide a blush.
"Ok." Zoë ran out of the library and made her way to the kitchen.

"Here to help." She said, surprising Baldroy.
"Oh. Ok, you can cut some strawberries."
Zoë smiled and grabbed and knife.
"Why? It's your day off." Baldroy said to himself, "you always help with dinner, Sebastian would never do that. He just takes over."