Curse Two: Don Valero Broadcasting Company

December 12, 2011

8:15 AM

THREE WEEKS after will be the start of the class in Vexigo-- after New Year's first. I sighed deeply. I do not know what is that for but I just feel a need to release some stressful air inside my lungs. I need to prepare myself before the class. But for now, work first.

I turn my gaze to my dog.

Aliw na aliw si Chizo na nakatingin sa labas ng kotse at kitang kita iyon sa pagwagayway ng buntot nito na marahan na tumatama sa aking braso. He barks at me and then jumps into my lap. The car has stopped and Chizo knew that I need him now to prepare to be my guide.

Bumukas ang pintuan ng kotse sa kaliwa kong bahagi at narinig ang pagbati ng isa sa mga tauhan ng kompanyang kailangan kong puntahan.

"Welcome to Don Valero Broadcasting Company, Ms. Graham." Pagbati ng isa pang tauhan na hindi ko malaman kung bakit kailangan pa. "The members of the Board has been waiting for you, Ma'am."

I ignore his news and walk gracefully with the help of Chizo. I can sense every stare of the employees in this building and I can actually hear their gossips, as if they don't really know how to whisper.

I ignore them all. Mamaya hindi ko pa mapigilan ang sarili kong mapatay sila isa-isa. Sila kasi yung mga tipo ng tao na kailangan nang mawala sa mundo just to purify this sinned world.

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad nang akmang bubuksan na ng isa sa mga tauhan ng kompanyang ito ang pintuan ng Board Room. Natigil rin sila dahil sa aking ginawa. No one dared to ask me why except to their lead personnel assigned.

"Is there any problem, Ma'am?" He asked me.

I sniffed deeply and I can identify every brand of perfume of this gentlemen beside me and also those people inside of the room. Men... men... men. They're irritating every nerve of my being.

"Open it," I need to relax. I need to be professional. And stopping myself not to grip their necks was not really healthy for me.

They did as what I have told.

As the door opened, each and everyone of the men inside simultaneously stood up to their sits. Hearing the screeching of their office chairs made me whimpered.

Damn this sensitive hearing sense.

Isa isa nila akong binati and I still ignored them. Even the current CEO and major stockholder greeted as if I'm their newest asset in this company.

"Good morning, Ms. Graham. It's a really pleasure to finally meet the newest member of the Board."

I never gazed my head to him. They knew that I am not capable of seeing in this world and yet... one of them has this eagerness to prove that I'm not.

That scent... that strong manly scent. Who would have thought that he's here?

"I believe that one of you is one of your best reporters. Am I right?" I asked emphasizing that word sarcastically.

Some of them gasped as I spoke. Wondering how the hell did I know that Nicholas Javier is here... together with them.

"Try not to shock them with your devious lying disability, Ms. Newest-stockholder." He said and I sensed a much sarcastic tone on that. In which basically, made me grin.

"Try to use a much lighter perfume, Mr. Javier. The last time you went to my home, your scent enshrouded my whole place." Sabad ko sa sinabi niya na paniguradong nagpawala sa ngisi nito.