Curse Thirty Seven: Project Apollo Part 1

February 1997— Year of the Ox

TUMIGIL ang kalesa na sinasakyan ng aking Mamma sa tapat ng isang magarang mansyon. Mariin ang aking tingin sa harapang bahagi at kitang kita ko ang kalumaan niyon base sa disenyo.

Mamma lowered herself to meet my eyes. "We're here darling. Are you famished?" she asked me. I shook my head to reply.

She caressed my left cheek and offered her hand. I held it and we walked towards the front door of this big mansion.

"Signorina Lucilla, benvenuti a Aldeguer Mansion." A butler greeted us. Miss Lucilla, welcome to Aldeguer Mansion.

I looked on how he was dressed. The butler is wearing a formal suit from black tie, grey vest, white wing collar dress shirt, black morning coat, cufflinks, white gloves, grey striped trousers and I think I fell in love on his pocket watch hanging on his... pocket.

"Maggiordomo Jaime! It's been what? Five years? You're still look young as ever." My Mamma greeted back. It seems they know each other.

"Hai ragione Signorina Lucilla. E tu sei anche bella come tua figlia." The butler replied and then he looked at me when he said the last word of his sentence. You're right Miss Lucilla. And you are also as beautiful as your daughter.

"Oh, grazie Jaime! A proposito..." Mamma introduced me. "... questa è mia figlia Anastasia. Anastasia, lui è Jaime. Il mio vecchio amico." Oh, thank you Jaime! Speaking of... this is my daughter Anastasia. Anastasia, this is Jaime. My old friend.

"Piacere di conoscerti finalmente, Maggiordomo Jaime. Sono Anastasia Kriselle Graham." I greeted back then I bowed while holding my skirt. Nice to finally meet you, Butler Jaime. I'm Anastasia Kriselle Graham.

I saw how the butler got amazed with my Italian. He looked at Mamma with surprise. "Your Italian is as excellent as your daughter's, Signorina Lucilla. She's intelligent to learn it... how old is she by the way?"

"Thank you, Jaime for the compliment. She's just nine years old. And yes, she's a prodigy. And I'm so very proud of her." My Mamma replied while she's pinching my cheeks.

I pouted because she's treating me as a child again. I am not! Nine years old is already old. I'm a lady now.

"Prodigy, better term for a wonderful kid."

Sinimangutan ko ang butler dahil sa sinabi nito. "I'm a lady already." I whinned.

Mabilis na tinakpan ni Mamma ang aking bibig para pigilan akong magsalita. "Darling, your words." She warned me and I just nodded.

"Yes, you are Signorina Anastasia. I have to apologize for calling you a kid." Nakayukong wika sa akin ni Butler Jaime and I know that he's just fond of me talking like an adult.

Well, because I am! I'm already an adult. Hmp!

"Shall we?" Butler Jaime offered his hand and Mom obliged to take it with a smile on her lips.

"Whom do I owe this pleasant surprise, Amica?" an Italian woman approached us. I think they're both in a same age with my Mom because she's as elegant as her.

"Camilla! Mi manchi, Amica!" Mom's voice squeak upon seeing the woman then they both hugged as if they haven't seen each other for ages. Camilla! I miss you, friend!

"Anch 'lo! Non ti ho mai visto da quando?" the woman with a name Camilla replied with the same tone of enthusiasm. Me too! I have never seen you since when?

"Oh, never mind the years, Amica. I'm glad that I was able to see you again." Mom acknowledged.

"Yes, me too! I really do miss you so much!" then Camilla hugged my Mom again.