Curse Thirty Three: The Resistor and Betrayals

"YOU know that we should not, Sire." Napatingin hindi lang si Alastair sa taong nagsalita, nakuha niya rin ang atensyon ko. Nilingon ko ang isang babae na may katandaan gamit ang matigas nitong Ingles. I can hear Italian tone on her speaking voice.

She's a middle-aged woman who's wearing the same lab-coat. Her facial feature is screaming an aristocratic shape at halata sa mukha nito ang natural na pagkamataray. She's wearing a strong makeup to hide her age and her blonde hair was fixed in a queen-like style. I can definitely say that this woman is part of Privus Trata. Has a higher rank I must say?

Since I'm still wearing my Lenses, it scanned her personal information and I can see that she's Maria Antonietta Poli— a former Italian Ambassadress in the Philippines and now a politician in her town. Before she got the title of being an ambassadress, she's a chemist of the University of Oxford.

"All of our efforts, time and sacrifices will be wasted. I hope you do understand the gravity of your sin for keeping this to Supremo for a long time if you are going to stop this." The fear I inflicted on her has gone when she crossed her arms over her chest and raised a brow to Alastair.

What a total bitch we have in here? Ito nalang pala sana ang pinili ko kesa ang batang scientist.

"Are you threatening me, Antonietta?" Alastair's voice became impassive because of the threatening tone of the woman used.

"I just want to keep this study and experimentation proceeds and finish this."

Marahas ang paglingon ko kay Alastair nang marinig na galing sa bibig ng babaeng ito ang hinalang kanina ko pang iniisip. Ang dahilan kung bakit ako galit sa ginawa nito.

"Looks like your puppets are being naughty. I thought this is just for keeping them safe?" I sarcastically told and asked Alastair when I faced him.

Kita naman sa paglaki ng mata ng binata ang pagkagulat rin sa narinig at tila hindi rin iyon ang inaasahan na sasabihin ng ginang.

Ano? Magsisinungaling ka pa?

"Study? And experimentation?" he asked punyeta— Antonietta with disbelief then he faced me. "I do not k-know what they're talking about Asia."

Napapikit ako at napakuyom ng kamao. I'm suppressing my anger as much as possible. Ayokong magwala dahil hindi nila gugustuhin na makita iyon.

"Of course, you do not know about it, Sire." Antonietta revealed and a perfect grin has been plastered on her aristocratic face. "Do you really think that I'm going to yes to your request of doing this if I won't be benefited?"

"You tricked me?!" Alastair bombarded the whole room with his raging voice.

"If that's what you call it." Tugon pa ng babaeng iyon tapos ay may kinuha sa isang container hindi kalayuan rito. "It has been years since I waited to finally have a hand on this project, Sire. Privus kept me away from this and now that you offered me this work, I won't just lend you my expertise to secure these freak humans for yourself."

Nang makuha ang isang maliit na device sa lagayan na iyon, Antonietta put it both on her ears and grin at them.

Tama ba ang naiisip kong sa bagay na hawak nito? If that so, then this is damn dangerous.

"What is that?" Alastair finally asked the same question that I was about to utter.

"A Resistor. With enough information that we gathered from these freak humans. We were able to stabilize a device to resist or reverse the effect of your hideous abilities."

It seems she's ready for this. Tingin ko'y hindi lang nakapaghanda ang mga ito sa ginawa kong pananakit sa utak nila kaya hind nila nagamit ang device na nagawa para protektahan ang sarili.