Curse Twenty Four: Investigate

"WHY do you need to be here?" Alastair is asking me that question for a couple of times already. I am consistently rolling my eyes while I'm stranding the dishelved hair of Nicholas. "We have a lot of nurses to take care of this dork and he doesn't need another one especially... you!"

Nicholas is still in sleeping... in a deep slumber most likely. It seems like the plan that I used was not that effective at all for him. And I am here to take care of him. That's the least thing that I can do and it seems like that is something that Alastair couldn't understand.

"We have a lot of things that we need to do, Anastasia!" He suddenly burst out and he held my shoulder to face him.

Rage and frustration are evident on his handsome face. I remained my stoic face because I need to prove a point here.

"Like what?" I asked him coldly.

"L-Like... we need to figure out who's the killer--" I interfered.

"That's the job that you need to accomplish, Alastair." I replied then I went back of doing other things like preparing the foods that I brought on the table. "That's your job as their future leader. That's not something that needs my presence."

Muli niya akong hinila pabalik paharap sa kanya. This time, I can see seriousness from his eyes. Hudyat na hindi na ang tungkol sa pananatili ko rito sa kwarto ni Nicholas ang issue nito.

"It needs your presence, Asia. You're keeping and hiding something about the incident a while ago. I heard you're talking to someone and both of you were discussing about the murderer of those kids outside. I'm not yet forcing you to spill it voluntarily, Anastasia. I'm still waiting for you to talk and if I can't get anything from you..." he stopped the words mid-air then he slightly moved away from me to wipe something on top of my shoulder blades. He looked at me straight in the eyes. This time, it's different from the seriousness that I saw. It's beyond that. He's letting me see his true nature. His true form. I know that I'm facing the real Alastair. King Alastair Aldeguer. "Then sorry, Love. I'll do anything to get the information that you got."

He then left me here inside the room. Doon ko lang napansin na hinigit ko pala ng malalim ang aking hininga at napahawak ako sa gilid ng hospital bed ni Nicholas.

My knees are shaking and my heart beats so fast.

Nope, this is not the feeling of being scared towards the dangerous man of Privus. May ibang rason itong nararamdaman ko at hindi ko mapigilan ang hindi panghinaan ng loob.

Pakiramdam ko takot ako na malaman niya na ako ang dahilan kung bakit may mga unexpected deaths and homicide sa loob ng teritoryo niya. I don't want him to know the other victims of Apollo. Ayokong mas lalo niyang isipin sa sarili niya na hindi talaga siya normal at may mga kagaya pa siya... na may mga kagaya pa namin. As much as possible, sa paraan ng tulong na ibibigay ko sa kanya upang makontrol niya ang compulsion, he would see the different side of his curse... that somehow, his curse is a gift.

I truly understand as well the reason why he's being frustrated. Alam kong pati ang mga nakakataas na konseho ng Privus ay tila naalarma na sa mga bilang ng patayan na nangyayari sa loob ng Campus. They're all on the defensive stance dahil hindi nila alam kung sino ang kalaban. They're all thinking the enemies conquered their lair and it's something that needs to be finished. Alam kong iniisip ni Alastair ang kaligtasan ng lahat ng nasa loob. Ramdam ko ang kalinga niya sa lugar na ito kahit hindi ko pa talaga siya lubusang nakikilala. Pero may hangganan ang bawat impormasyon na pwede kong ibigay sa kanya. Ayokong ibigay sa kanya ang hinihingi nito dahil nangangamba ako sa mga mangyayari.

"KINANSELA na muna ang klase sa loob ng dalawang linggo dahil sa nangyaring patayan. Supremo announced it a while ago kaya walang tao ngayon sa building na ito. Some of the students got traumatized. Especially those students na baguhan at wala pang alam masyado sa paaralang kanilang pinasok. Some of them naman ay hindi naman nangangamba somehow. For them, mindset nila na mas makakabuting maraming mamatay para mabawasan ang kalaban nila but I know for sure that deep inside, they're also afraid na baka sila naman ang isunod." Claude reported when we held our meeting sa classroom ko.