Stage Makeup

A/N: Thank you for reading! Please vote and leave comments. Both are greatly appreciated! 

/Thoughts/

The stage makeup portion of drama class was one of Yugi's favorite sections. Ms. Davidson showed the class how to make a realistic looking cut and black eye. She used Yugi as her model when demonstrating how to apply the different colors in a combination that made the damage look real. As she wrapped up the demonstration, she handed Yugi a mirror. He marveled at how puffy and messed up she made his eye look. She even used a red eyeliner to add to the puffiness appearance.

"Yugi you should leave it on. Give some of my fellow teachers a little scare," Ms. Davidson chuckled.

"I don't think they will fall for it," Yugi shook his head, "They are all aware of your makeup antics."

"Yugi, you really look like you've been beaten up," one of the other students said admiring Ms. Davidson's work.

/I really should remove it, but..../ Yugi shrugged, /I guess I'll leave it on for a little while. She really out did herself this year. It would be a shame just to wash it off/ Yugi winked his "black eye" before sliding off the stool Ms. Davidson brought out for the demonstration. The rest of the class broke into pairs to give eachother black eyes and cuts. Yugi migrated from group to group checking on how the others were doing and offering suggestions on how to improve the realistic appearance of the makeup. 

The people in Yugi's literature class ignored the black eye for the most part. His literature teacher knew full well that Yugi was in drama with Davidson. One classmate commented on how real the black eye looked. Other than that, they did not seem to care the slightest for the makeup. It neither bothered nor distracted them.

The bell blared through the halls releasing the students to lunch. Yugi picked up his bag and headed out to the oak tree forgetting the large makeup cut on his arm and black eye. Most of the gang was already there sitting under the tree. He smiled at them as he approached.

He watched Anzu's face contort for a moment in shock, "Oh my God, Yugi! What happened to you?! ...Wait..." She stood and circled the youth, "Davidson?"

Yugi chuckled and nodded, "Yup. Stage makeup time!"

"Wow, Yugi, that's better than last year's black eye." Ryou examined the stage makeup.

Yugi placed his bag down next to the tree as he saw Yami approaching them. Yugi waved excitedly at him. /Holy hell he makes that uniform look good! Wait..did I just think that? What is going on with me?/ Yugi's cheeks flushed as he went through his internal debate with himself.

"Yugi!"

Yugi's amethyst orbs continued to stare off into the distance lost in thought.

"Yugi!"

The amethyst eyes blinked as they came into focus seeing sharp pointed crimson close to his face, "Hello, Yami!"

"What happened to you? Who did this?" Yami asked his voice low, clear, and dangerous. He looked intimidating; his form seeming to expand with each passing second.

"What? Oh! No, I'm fine, Yami," Yugi smiled at him.

Confusion flashed across the crimson orbs, "You don't look okay! You look like you need to be taken to the hospital."

"No no no no, Yami! This is stage makeup from drama class. Look," Yugi grabbed Yami's hand and rubbed one of the long tan fingers against the purple eye. When he let go of the Egyptian's hand, the finger tip of Yami's long digit was covered in purple. "See. It's fake." Yami visibly sighed in relief.