Unexpected Allies

A/N: Hello all! Thank you for reading and voting!*Jumps around excitedly* Hope you like the chapter! 

/Thoughts/

*Mind Link*

Italics - vision

"There! That is the island!" Yugi hollered when a land mass gradually appeared on the horizon within the Pacific Ocean, "You can camp there for the time being until the harpies come. I need to see if the other clans have arrived to vote on the treaty. Thank you for the ride, Marik and Malik. I will see you later!"

Yugi and Ms. Davidson slid off of Malik's scaled golden back into the Pacific Ocean. Their tails forming the instant they hit the water. They dove deep into the depths of the Pacific Ocean towards the palace. Before Yugi could reach the palace, he was enclosed within two strong arms and spinning in a circle.

*I missed you so much!* Yami nuzzled into Yugi's soft neck.

The petite siren giggled, *I missed you too, Yami. That trip was so lonely without you.*

"It is good to see you again, Ms. Davidson," Yami smiled shaking the siren's hand. He glanced down at her cream colored tail, "I'm not use to seeing you in this form," Yami chuckled.

"It is good to see you too, Yami. Please stop calling me Ms. Davidson. We are not in school any more. Call me Yvette," she returned his smile.

"Okay, Yvette. Shall we head to the palace Yugi?" Yami's crimson eyes glanced back to his petite look-a-like. Yugi nodded. The three sirens headed through the palace entrance; Yugi and Yami swam arm in arm. The amethyst eyed youth glanced around the throne room. It seemed busier than when he had left.

*Before you ask, yes.* Yami smirked.

*Yes what?* Yugi arched an eyebrow.

*Yes, all of the other clans are here. We were just waiting for you to return before the vote to ratify the treaty commenced. The vote is to take place tomorrow afternoon,* Yami's brilliant eyes smiled as they drank in Yugi's delicate angelic features.

*ALL of the clans are here?* Yugi blinked in surprise. Yami nodded pointing to a table located in a conference room off of the throne room. Surrounding the table where Chrysetta, Rhea, Nicasio, and Malachite all conversing and strategizing. Yugi smiled excitedly, "You are all here!"

"Yugi!" Each of them rose from their chairs and swam over to hug the petite siren.

"We wouldn't miss the chance to defend our people and send those harpies packing!" Rhea responded. The other sirens cheered in agreement to her statement.

\/\/\/

Wings flapped wildly cutting through the wind .....angry screeching filled the air. A blood thirsty army flew over the ocean heading for war.

Yugi sat up in bed gasping. Had he not been in water, he would have been drenched in sweat. His petite form shook violently, /They are coming. Oh Ra, they are coming!/ "Yami.." his voice rasped out through the dark room.

Yami shifted in his bed on the other side of the room. A groan passing over his dusky tan lips.

"Yami," Yugi's voice rang out again trying to jolt the Egyptian siren from his sleep.

"Mm..what's wrong, Yugi?" Yami groaned.

"They are coming. The harpies are on their way right now and will be here soon!"

\/\/\/

The entire siren population erupted from the dark depths of the Pacific Ocean ready to fight the harpies. Yugi, Yami, Yevette, Jade, Rhea, Chrysetta Ayra, Nicasio, Malachite, and Halette all surfaced towards the front lines; facing the direction that the harpies would be flying in from. The sirens bobbed in the waves; anxious for the harpies to appear. The last battle between the sirens and harpies did not end well for the sirens. They each prayed to every god in existence this battle would fair much better for them.