Bath Party

A/N: Thank you so much for reading, votes, and comments. I appreciate it all. This is the last official chapter; however, there is a little epilogue that I will get posted as soon as I can. I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

/Thoughts/

*Mind Link*

Large amethyestslowly fluttered opened. His eyes burned and he squinted trying to clear the blurriness from his vision. He felt like he was dead. Every muscle in his body screamed in agony. He shifted his position which proved to be a mistake. If he thought he was in agony before, that was nothing compared to what he faced after moving.

*Easy... easy.. dearheart,* Yami's deep baritone voice caresses his mind causing his body and mind relax a little bit.

*Am I dead?* Yugi asked. He couldn't see anything around him. His world was a complete blur.

*No, Aibou. You are not dead,* Yugi could hear the comfort and reassurance behind Yami's worlds.

*I feel like I should be. Why do I hurt so much and why can't I see?* Yugi's mental voice was laced with a growing panic.

*Do you remember the end of the war?* Yami asked. Yugi felt a gentle touch start at his shoulder and trace down his torso to his lower abdomen.

*I remember helping Bakura get back up to Marik's back and* Yugi paused, his brows furrowed in thought.

*And?* Yami prompted.

*I don't remember after that,* Yugi admitted sadly.

*A goblin on a maticore attacked. The maticore threw its venom laced barbs at you,* Yami reminded him, *We almost lost you. Ryou and Yvette have been working nonstop to heal you. Several other siren healers came to help allowing Ryou and Yvette a chance to rest. You still have some venom in you. That is why you are in so much pain and feel like you are on the precipice of death,* the baritone voice echoed within his head as it explained the situation.

*Oh. Wait how is Ryou underwater?*

*He's not my love. We are at a hotel in Chile. Ryou needed to have full access to heal you and it would not be possible for him stay that long under water,* Yami chuckled.

*That makes sense..Is blurred vision part of that? Will I ever be able to fully see again?* Yugi gulped afraid to hear the answer.

*Yes, that is part of it. Thankfully, it is a temporary side effect. Once the venom is fully purged, you will be able to see again,* Yugi felt Yami's gentle caress glide from his shoulder to his face. 

*How do you know so much about this?* Yugi asked.

*We have all been pouring over books studying manticores, their venom, and how best to heal you,* the warm hands tracing his features lovingly, *You really should rest now, Yugi. The more you rest, the faster you will heal.*

*I hurt too much to sleep,* Yugi whimpered.

"What is he saying, Yami?" Bakura's voice broke the silence within the room.

"He said he is in too much pain to go back to sleep," Yami responded a frown gracing his tan features pulling his dusky lips downward.

"I can fix that for him. One quick jolt to the head will have him sleeping nice and sound," Bakura grinned mischievously playing with a small wooden gavel. Where he obtained it, no one wanted to know.

"Kura!" Ryou's soft English accent reprimanded the shadow elf in a voice that sounded far past the point of exhausted.

Bakura sighed heavily, "You should get some rest."