Gathering and Strategizing

A/N: Thank you for reading, the support, and votes. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please comment and vote. Comments and votes are loved!

/Thoughts/

"I don't want you to go," The Egyptian siren pouted; his crimson eyes pleaded at his petite doppelganger.

"I know, Yami, but I have to," Yugi nibbled the tan ear of the Egyptian siren. He nuzzled into the nape of Yami's neck while strong arms encircled around his waist.

"Let me go with you," Yami's fingers ghosted over the soft skin covering Yugi's back.

Yugi's long elegant golden specked amethyst tail wrapped around Yami's crimson, "I'm sorry. I have to go alone. I have to swim as fast as I can to get home. We are going to need help. We can't do this fight alone." Yugi nuzzled into Yami's well toned torso. He sighed sadly as he pulled away from Yami, "I will return as soon as I can."

"Be careful, Yugi. Try not to get trapped in any fishing nets this time," the crimson eyed siren partially joked and partially pleaded his petite doppelganger to steer clear of any and all dangers.

Yugi giggled, "You won't let me live that down will you?" the youth winked at the Egyptian, "Don't worry, I will be okay. The messengers have already set out to bring copies of the completed treaty to the three other clans. If I leave now, I should be able to return at about the same time...give or take a few days..as the messengers and as the other clans. I will return as quickly as possible with help."

Yami crushed his lips with Yugi's in a bruising passionate kiss, "I love you," Yami whispered when they parted.

"I love you too," Yugi's eyes softened, admiring his view of the beautiful creature before him. 

\/\/\/

The petite siren darted through the ocean depths as rapidly as he could. Ocean life swarmed the youth as he swam back to Japan. Dolphins and wales accompanied him and played around him throughout various points of his rushed trip home. A frown tugged the corner's of Yugi's lips downward. He wanted to play with the ocean life more than anything. He just didn't have the time. He had to reach his friends and return back to the Pacific Ocean clan as quickly as possible. 

Even though the petite siren was surrounded by the other sea creatures, he had never felt more alone. He and Yami had been attached at the hip; going through so many trials together in such a short amount of time which established an unbreakable bond between the tri-colored sirens. When separated from his crimson eyed look-a-like, Yugi felt a sharp pang in his heart like a part of his soul was missing.

He sighed in relief upon entering the familiar waters of the Domino beach. His tri-colored hair emerged from the ocean as his amethyst eyes surfaced to glance around at the beach. He smiled at seeing the deserted beach. Granted...it was still late winter. Even though spring was right around the corner, the beaches would not start filling up until very late in spring or early summer.

The small siren eyed the beach pondering how in the world he was going to get from the beach to his grandfather's house without any clothing, /By the gods, I would give almost anything to have Bakura's shadow walking ability right now./ He sighed as he swam up and down the beach looking for anything that could pass as clothing.

Just as the petite siren resigned to waiting until sunset and go traipsing around Domino in the buff, his eyes landed on a rugged old pair of sand covered jeans resting on the beach. A grin crossed his rose petal lips as he pulled himself up onto the beach. He lay his head on the sand; resting comfortably while he waited for his tail to dry. He swam nonstop from the Pacific Ocean clan all the way to Japan. He sighed closing his eyes. Exhaustion crashed over him like a giant tidal wave. His head fell to the side; sleep singing a lullaby to his fatigued body and mind.