Heart-to-Heart

A/N: Thank you all! I appreciate every one of you who read. Please comment and vote! They are both appreciated and loved. 

/Thoughts/

The sweaty petite form tossed about in a restless sleep. His legs tangled in the sheets adding to the trapped feeling clawing at his unconscious mind.

"Yugi?"

He heard his name being called in the distance, /Grandpa?/ He whimpered and groaned as he thrashed about in an attempt to free himself from the nightmare's grasp.

"Yugi, wake up!"

His body was shaken, amethyst eyes flew open and his body jumped; his breathe coming in deep ragged gasps.

"Grandpa?" Yugi choked out.

"I'm here, Yugi. It's alright. It was only a nightmare," Solomon Muto placed a comforting hand on Yugi's shoulder and squeezed. Yugi squirmed about trying to get free from the tangled mess that was his sheet.

"Woa....WOAH ooof!" Yugi fell out of the bed while trying to free himself from his sheet; knocking into his grandfather. Yugi felt the sheet become wet as he grandfather stumbled back. The liquid rapidly soaking through the sheet to his legs, /Oh crap...../

"I'm sorry Yugi. I thought you might want a glass of water after waking up from a nightmare. I'll help you change your bed sheets," his grandfather knelt to help Yugi with the soaked sheets.

Yugi sighed, /I have a lot bigger problems right now than wet sheets./ He closed his amethyst eyes as he felt his legs merge together and become his long, amethyst, slick, and scaly tail.

"Oh! Yugi!" his grandfather gasped as Yugi covered his face in his hands.

"Grandpa, I can explain. Well..not really but I can try," Yugi panicked trying to hide his fin under the water logged sheet. A warm smile crossed Solomon's face as he gently uncovered and untangled Yugi's tail from the cloth annoyance.

"Yugi," Solomon whispered, "You have such a beautiful tail. Just like your mother's. Why didn't you tell me you had undergone the siren's transformation?"

Yugi gaped wide eyed and opened mouthed at his grandfather, "So you knew about this the whole time?!" His voice raising an octave.

Solomon nodded at his grandson; his own amethyst orbs running the full length of his grandson's tail. Upon further inspection under the light, his scales revealed shining gold specs that danced within the amethyst scales, "It runs in the family. I thought I told you all of this before."

Yugi shook his head, "The whole 'siren' gene was NEVER mentioned to me," Yugi stated annoyed.

"I guess it is time for a heart-to-heart talk. Isn't it?" Solomon sighed

Yugi pouted before responding, "Yes. I think it is."

"Okay, let me get a towel to help you dry off your tail and then we will go downstairs to talk. I will even make some hot chocolate for you," Solomon stood, heading to the bathroom for a towel. Yugi smiled as the elderly man exited his room. He may have forgotten to tell him one key thing about his lineage, but he knew his grandfather was trying. His mother died in childbirth and his father left Yugi at his grandfather's doorstep before running off with his secretary. Solomon did the best he could for Yugi; thus Yugi could never stay mad at him for long. He appreciated everything his grandfather did for him.

The elderly Moto entered the bedroom carrying two large towels. He handed one to Yugi who went to work on the upper part of his tail while his grandfather began drying the lower part near his fin. Yugi wrapped the second towel around his waist as his tail disappeared leaving his lower half nude.