Rumor

A/N: Hello all! As always, thank you for your continued support. I really hope you enjoy this chapter.

/Thoughts/

*Mink Link*

"Wait a minute...wait a minute...so you can see the future?" Malik whispered to Yugi, leaning across the table.

"Apparently," Yugi giggled as he poked at the mystery meat on the tray. The school lunches were not that great, but could anyone really claim their school's lunches are tasty? He poked the mystery meat again unsure if he should call it food, a creature, or a science project. He half expected it to roll off the plate and attack him for poking it.

"So how does it work? Can you trigger it or does it just happen on its own?" Anzu asked.

"I'm really not sure how it works. I do not know if I will ever truly have control over it. I think it just shows me what I need to see," Yugi responded placing the fork down and giving up on eating what he deemed to be a science project escaped from the chemistry lab.

Noticing his petite doppelganger was not touching the school lunch, Yami pushed his salad over to Yugi. The large amethyst glanced up into Yami's smiling bronze features.

"Go ahead, Aibou," Yami nodded.

Yugi smiled appreciatively to the crimson eyed siren as his gazed returned to the food in front of him. After taking a few large bites of the salad, he looked like an amethyst eyed chipmunk with his cheeks stuffed with food.

"Yugi, you may want to slow down before you choke," Anzu giggled at Yugi as he enthusiastically ate the rest of Yami's salad.

The petite siren's smile fell as he noticed how quiet the lunchroom had become, *I wonder what's going on. The cafeteria is never this quiet,* Yugi commented to Yami as he looked around. In response, the crimson eyes glided around the room trying to find out why everyone had stopped talking.

*What are they looking at, Aibou?* Yami questioned blinking at them as they all whispered and took uneasy glances in the direction of their table.

Yugi gulped, *Me, Yami. They are looking at me. Why would they do that? What's going on?*

Gen scurried over to Yugi, her blonde hair swaying behind her in a high pony tale. The sophomore pulled up a chair next to Yugi and whispered in his ear. The whisper was so soft Yugi was having difficulties hearing her as well. His amethyst eyes grew until their size rivaled that of small saucers.

He turned to face Gen, "No...that's can't be true." Yugi shook his head staring at her questioningly.

"It's true, Yugi. That is the rumor that just went through the entire school," she whispered. She bit her lip before leaning closer to him, "So....," she urged him, "Are you a siren?"

Yugi felt his heart rate quicken, /Ra! This can't be happening. How did they all find out?/ He stood from the table running out of the cafeteria followed closely by Yami.

*What's wrong, Aibou? What did Gen say?* Yami asked through their mind link. Yugi felt Yami's concern leak through the link as Yami watched Yugi pace across the empty classroom he ran into.

*They know, Yami! There is a rumor going around the whole school that I am a siren! How did that happen?* Yugi fell to his knees as his breathing came in short ragged gasps. Anzu, Bakura, Malik, Marik, Tristan, and Joey appeared in the classroom a few seconds later.

"What is going on out there man? It is chaos! Once you left everyone broke into a frenzy! They all started talking at once," Joey commented staring at Yugi's trembling from. Yami sat on the ground next to Yugi, pulling the small siren onto his lap and wrapping him in a secure embrace.