Going North

A/N: Hello all! I really hope you are enjoying the story so far. Thank you for reading! I appreciate you for reading. I hope you like this chapter.

/Thoughts/

*Mind Link*

Italics - Yugi's visions

White...white everywhere...everything was white. Ice caps littered the ocean as far as the eye could see. Dark clouds poured blankets of fresh snow onto the ice. Striking light blue eye were the only color in the world of white and grey. They blue eyes pierced through the blizzard directly into Yugi's mind burning their presence into his consciousness.

Yugi gasped; his large amethyst blinking rapidly. He was still underwater curled up next to Yami on the ocean floor in a bed of kelp. His head was resting on Yami's shoulder; his face buried in the nape of the Egyptian siren's neck. He lifted his head to look into the chiseled bronze features.

*What did you see?* Yami's baritone voice filled his mind.

*Ice, snow, and blue eyes,* Yugi responded lost in thought, *I think it means we need to go north.*

*I wonder why,* Yami pondered.

*Remember what the note form your mother said? We are suppose to unite the siren clans of the ocean. Maybe there is a siren clan there,* Yugi responded.

*We do not exactly have anything else to do just now. Would you like to head north?* Yami smiled warmly at him.

*Yes, but we need to go see the others off first. They are probably waiting for us to surface before they leave the island,* Yugi returned the smile.

*I'll race you!* Yami chuckled launching himself upward.

*Hey! You cheat!* Yugi giggled. /Ah well, I'm a faster swimmer than he is anyway./ Yugi's tail maneuvered to propel him upward. He rapidly gained on Yami without breaking a sweat. He kissed the bronze cheek before flicking his tail and passing him. He reached the surface moments later.

Yugi pulled himself up onto the beach once again laying on his stomach, he propped his chin up in his hand and raised his tail in the air to flick it lazily about. The fire had died down significantly but still emitted enough heat to warm that entire area of the beach. The two dragons were curled up next to each other; their wings draped into a makeshift cave providing shelter and warmth to Bakura, Ryou, Joey, and Tristan.

Yami pulled himself up onto the beach next to Yugi when he eventually surfaced, "Ra, you are fast," he chuckled quietly not wanting to wake their friends. He mirrored Yugi's position propping his chin on his hand while his elbow burred itself in the sand. His crimson tail raised in the air playfully nudging and entwining with Yugi's.

"Aww isn't that sweet; siren love," Joey commented cracking open his honey brown eyes. He stretched his long arms and legs before crawling out from under Marik and Malik's large wings.

Yugi blushed as he let his tail unwind from Yami's and fall to the sand, "Morning Joey."

"Morning, Yug. How did ya two sleep?" He asked poking at the fire; awakening the flames into a full on dance.

"I slept well. I believe Yugi did too," Yami glanced over at Yugi, his eyebrow arched questioningly.

Yugi nodded, "Yup, I actually slept well. I never thought sleeping under water would feel so natural and comforting.

"Well you are a siren, Yug. That doesn't surprise me in the slightest," Joey smiled at him.

"Did you have to sleep with one eye open because of Bakura?" Yami asked with a smirk.