Treaty

A/N: Thank you all for reading. I hope you like the chapter. Please vote and comment. Votes and comments are wonderful!

/Thoughts/

*Mind Link*

"I am happy to see you both here. The whole siren population has waited for you for a very long time," Chrysetta smiled at them. "I must admit, you are both very young. When did you undergo the transformation?"

A bright pink illuminated Yugi's pale cheeks, "Less than a year ago."

She gasped, "Oh, I didn't realize you were that young!" She dove into the icy waters surfacing a few moments later next to them.

"Chrysetta," Yami began.

"Please call me Chrys," she interjected.

Yami nodded, "Chrys, neither of us is sure about the meaning of who we are."

She looked thoughtful, "Follow me young sirens." She dove into the icy depths followed by Yugi and Yami. She swam deep into the frigid arctic waters, "Did your parents not tell you about the legends?" she glanced over her shoulder at the two tri-colored doppelgangers.

"No," Yugi's amethyst glanced down into the dark water below him avoiding her gaze.

"Oh," she paused turning to look at them; picking up on the saddened looks in their eyes. She did not want to pry any further. "Where to begin," she chuckled trying to lighten the mood. She bit her lip her light blue eyes staring into the distance as she thought.

"I am sorry that we are both so clueless. We didn't even know we were sirens until the transformation," Yugi explained.

"It is okay. We do not have time for a full history lesson, I hope the abridged version will suffice," She turned to swim deeper into the ocean. A solid ice structure came into view the further down they swam.

"Wow," Yugi whispered breathlessly, "That is beautiful." The ice structure looked like an underwater ice palace. The ice glistened blue in the frigid arctic depths. She swam into the structure and whispered to another pale white haired siren. The man blinked surprised at Yugi and Yami before nodding to her and swimming off.

Chrys sighed, "We have a lot of work to do. We need to negotiate the terms of the treaty."

Yami and Yugi glanced at each other confused. They knew they were supposed to unite the clans, but they didn't realize a full treaty would need to be involved.

The albino ice siren caught the confused expression present on their faces, "Oh, right. You need a brief history lesson first." She sat in one of the large chairs made of ice motioning for them to sit as well.

"Thank you," Yami smiled at her.

She nodded, "We use to all live together in peace within a palace and the immediate surrounding areas located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean under the king's rule. He was a very kind and just man. There was a war with the harpies that tore us apart. They won the war dwindling down our numbers to a handful. Unfortunately, the king was killed in battle. The remaining sirens fought each other with such ferocity regarding who should take the king's place and how they should rule. You see, the king did not have any children or other family to speak of. The disagreement between the surviving sirens turned into a full out war reducing our numbers even further and nearly pushing the entire siren existence into extinction. Rather than destroy our existence, they split into different clans and separated; each group going to different locations around the world. We are the ice sirens. Most sirens that do not want to live on land that have the ability to freeze water come here. We love the cold climate," she smiled at the young sirens making sure they were still with her before continuing onward. "There are three other clans. One is located in the Caribbean Sea, another clan resides within the Indian Ocean, and the last group still resides somewhere within the Pacific Ocean. I believe they primarily stay near the South Pacific Ocean near Chile and Peru. They are a much larger group so it should not be too hard for you to find them."