Ocean Escape

A/N: Thank you all for reading! I hope you like this chapter as well.

/Thoughts/

*Mind Link*

The frigid salty air raged furiously as they approached the ocean. The cold bit at any and all exposed skin it could reach. The storm clouds covered the sky as far as the eyes can see; changing it to a dark and dreary grey which blended the horizon with the dark waves below. Marik and Malik flew to a safe distance away from land before hovering over the crashing waves.

"Where can we meet up with you two?" Tristan hollered over the howling wind.

"There is an island due east of here. It is not far. We can meet you there tomorrow," Yami's rich baritone voice boomed over the wind's cry.

"Thank you everyone for your help! I will see you tomorrow on the island," Yugi's small voice was hardly audible. He leaned forward hugging Marik before he swung his leg over the bronze dragon and slid off the scaled side of the beast; plummeting into the icy waves. He resurfaced and waved at his friends above him.

Yami smiled, "Thank you all for your help. We can not express how much we appreciate it."

"Get going siren! Don't get all mushy on us," Bakura growled; the wind whipped his silver hair across his face annoying him. Yami followed Yugi's lead; swinging his leg over Marik's back to slide off of the airborne dragon and landing in the frigid waters.

"We'll see you tomorrow!" Joey waved at Yugi and Yami enthusiastically; failing to notice the unsecured position of the unconscious elf in front of him, "Shit!" Joey screamed looking below into the waters.

"That better not have been Ryou." Bakura snapped, his sharp espresso colored eyes darkening even more. He glanced over to Malik's back and saw an empty space between Tristan and Joey. He glanced down at the waves below, "No! Ryou!" Bakura prepared to jump. Before anyone could react, a flash of amethyst disappeared into the inky black frigid depths.

"Stay there, Bakura! Yugi went after him already," Yami hollered up to the shadow elf.

Yugi's decent was rapid as he searched for the pale silver haired elf, *Yami...I can't find him.* Yugi began to panic. Yami prepared to dive down and help Yugi locate the light elf before Yugi's thoughts once again penetrated his mind. *Wait I think I see him.....*

*Do you need help?* Yami asked through their link.

*No, he's here. I found him.* Yugi wrapped his arms around Ryou's slim waist. He held the boy close to his chest as he ascended to the surface. A large wave crashed over him as soon as they broke the surface into the tempestuous wind. Yugi's arms tightened around his friend.

"Is he okay?" Yami asked swimming over to him.

"He seems to be. He's still out cold. Yami, we have to get him out of this water or he will freeze," Yugi moved several thick silver strands away from Ryou's face.

"How is he?" Bakura asked leaning dangerously over Marik's side.

"Sit still or you will be down there with him," Marik growled.

"He's fine, Bakura. We can meet you at the island. We will take Ryou there," Yami responded.

"Yami, help me get Ryou on my back," Yugi shifted Ryou's weight in his arms.

"I am happy to carry him, Aibou," Yami offered wrapping his arms around the unconscious elf.

"It is okay. I will carry him," Yugi smiled. Yami gently lifted Ryou out of Yugi's arms and placed him on Yugi's back, the pale slim arms draped over Yugi's bare shoulders.