Genuine

A/N: Thank you for reading and for your support. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please leave votes and comments on your way out. They are both appreciated. 

/Thoughts/

"You are so quiet little one. Are you alright?" Ms. Davidson inquired. Yugi realized he was still clinging to Yami's shoulders; a bright blush painted his cherubic cheeks pink. He unwrapped his arms from around Yami letting them fall limply to his sides.

He nodded stiffly as his thoughts raced of what he had just found out, /Yami's a siren! Oh Ra! Yami's a siren! I didn't even know they existed! I wonder what else exists... Wait!...Does that mean these strange feelings I have towards him are because of his powers?/

"A penny for your thoughts?" Ms. Davidson asked; her friendly green eyes meeting Yugi's amethyst.

"I'm wondering if..." Yugi hesitated unsure of how to word his query to the older siren.

"If what?" Her green eyes searching the youth's face. After several minutes of silence; her eyes going back and forth between Yugi and Yami she smiled, "Oh! I think I know what you are asking. There is only one way to find out." Yugi titled his head confused. She locked her eyes on the young siren, "Yami, I would like to do a test on Yugi's behalf. If you don't mind."

A narrow raven eyebrow arched, "Oh? I don't mind at all. What is it?" he looked first at Yugi and then at Ms. Davidson.

"I need you to sing. Yugi seems to be confused if...your abilities to sway emotions have had an effect on him. I want you to sing something and try to sway Yugi's emotions throughout the song. Try to change his emotions a few times," the drama teacher responded

"How do I control someone's emotions while singing?" the deep baritone voice asked.

She smiled, "You place all of your attention and focus into the emotion you want your listeners to feel and sing your heart out. As you become stronger and your abilities grow, it will become second nature for you and not something you have to focus on. You may try closing your eyes as well. I found that when I was a young siren, that helped me immensely."

Yami blinked at her before sighing and hiding the crimson pools of his eyes behind his eyelids. He opened his mouth and focused on the first emotion; love. He briefly switched the emotion to be sorrow and pain; then to anger. Lastly, happiness and wonder. He opened his eyes to see a smirking green eyed siren.

"What?" He asked.

Yugi sighed, "It didn't work. I didn't feel anything. No changes at all. Just the same thing."

"Oh it worked alright; just not on you, Yugi. Also, that was beautiful," she faced Yami again, "You're abilities are outstanding for someone so young."

Yugi blinked confused, "How did it work if it didn't have any effect on me?"

"Well, I have a few theories to why he can not sway your emotions, but it is really too early to tell. We will have to wait and see. All you need to know right now, Yugi, is that your emotions are genuine. Yami's ability has not had any sway over them."

/That's a relief./ Yugi thought smiling.

"I have to be going now. Yami, you and I will talk more about this. I'm sure you have many questions. I apologize that they will need to wait for now," Ms. Davidson frowned.

"Thank you for your help. I appreciate your help," Yami gave a small bow to her before he and Yugi took their leave; heading back to Yami's cycle. Yugi turned to bid his teacher farewell before the door closed behind them. Yugi was silent during their walk towards the Harley; his violet orbs staring off into nothingness.