Winter Formal

A/N: Hello all! Thank you again for reading. I hope this chapter is not too boring and I hope you like it. I wrote it while under the influence of prescription strength migraine medicine lol! So I really hope you like it *sheepish grin.* Hey! No judgments, I honestly tried to lay in a dark room, but my brain would not shut up. It kept yelling at me to get up and write this chapter. So yea..here it is. Please vote and leave comments. They are both wonderful and appreciated. 

/Thoughts/

/I've never been this nervous in all of my life./ Yugi paced the length of his room. His tuxedo for the winter formal laying on the bed waiting for him. /Why am I this nervous? It's only Yami. I know our feelings are mutual./ Yugi paused placing his hands on his hips before letting out a sigh, "Because this is your first date, Yugi," he whispered to himself.

He glanced at the digital clock on his night stand. The emerald numbers flashed 6:40 pm. Yami would be there within the next 20 minutes. He slid the dark grey pants on, followed by the amethyst button up silk shirt and dark grey jacket. He stared at the last piece wishing he had the power to make it tie itself. He picked up the grey fabric and wrapped it around his neck; his small slim fingers trying to get the fabric to remotely resemble a bow-tie.

"Need some help?" Yugi turned to see his grandfather walk into the room; a large smile adorned his wrinkled face, "Yugi, you look so handsome."

The petite siren could feel his cheeks heat up as his fingers played with the fabric laying limply around his neck, "Thank you. Will you help me tie it, Grandpa?"

Solomon smiled warmly approaching his grandson. His hands gently picking up the two sides of the fabric and working them around each other forming a perfect bow, "There. You are set. Except, I do believe you will need shoes." Solomon pointed at Yugi's bare feet.

Yugi wiggled his small toes and giggled, "That may help a little bit!"

The bells in the shop below announced someone had entered the store, "I have to go down to the store. You may want to hurry, Yami will be here any minute."

Yugi smiled at his grandfather as he watched the elderly man walk out of his room and down the hallway. He plopped down on his bed as he pulled on his black socks and sleek black dress shoes. A gentle knock broke the silence of his bedroom.

"Come in," Yugi said expecting it to be his grandfather again.

"Hello, Yugi," the baritone voice washed over him causing chills to break out all over him.

Yugi stood and turned to Yami. A moment of silence passed between them as each of them glanced over the other. Yami wore a jet black tuxedo with a crimson red button up and black tie.

The petite amethyst eyed siren gulped hard, /Did he look this good in the Phantom tuxedo?/ Yugi thought as his eyes traveled the full length of the Egyptian's form. He blushed as he caught himself gaping at the youth standing before him.

He cleared his throat, "Hello, Yami. You look handsome."

Yami blushed, "Thank you. As do you. You look phenomenal."

"I don't know if I would go as far as to say I look phenomenal," Yugi averted his eyes.

Yami reached over to cradle Yugi's chin under his fingers and guide the small one's face to meet his. "I would!" Yami responded without hesitation. "Here," the crimson eyed siren placed the amethyst boutonniere on Yugi's tuxedo, "It's not as beautiful as you are, but it will have to do."

Yugi felt like his face was going to go up in flames from how deep he blushed this time. He shyly retrieved Yami's red boutonniere from his desk and placed it on Yami's tuxedo.