Malachite

A/N: I truly hope you like this chapter. I hope it's not too dull. Please vote and comment. Thank you :)

/Thoughts/

*Mind Links*

"Yugi!" Yami's crimson tail propelled him through the ocean waves as fast as he could go; unable to keep up with the petite siren. "Yugi! Slow down!" His pleas fell on deaf ears. His heart pounded furiously in his chest, his breath coming in short gasps,

*Yugi, please slow down. I can't swim that fast,* the crimson eyed siren tried to reach the amethyst eyed youth using their mind link.

The youth paused awaiting for Yami to catch up with him. Large amethyst orbs met crimson as Yami reached his doppelganger panting and desperate to catch his breath.

*Aibou what is the rush? Where are we going?* Yami asked gasping for air.

*The Pacific Ocean clan. They are the last clan we need to unite the siren population. I'm afraid we don't have as much time as I originally thought,* Yugi sounded soft and distant through their mind link.

*Why do you think that?* Yami asked, his tan hands ghosting over Yugi's bare shoulders.

*I had another vision. The harpies are massing much faster than I thought they would. We need to finish this treaty and gather all of the clans together,* Yugi's features were solemn.

"Are you certain of this?" Yami's baritone voice reverberated throughout Yugi's lithe body sending chills down his spine.

"Yes," Yugi whispered, "We need to get them to agree to the treaty as soon as possible and bring the clans together."

\/\/\/

Amethyst and crimson blinked in utter astonishment. They had never seen so many sirens. The Pacific Ocean off the coast of Chile and Peru was littered with sirens. They payed the tri-colored doppelgangers little mind as they swam here and there.

*This must be the siren equivalent of a city,* Yugi's observed the bustling underwater frenzy in sheer fascination.

*I wonder if that is the same palace that my mother mentioned in her letter,* Yami pointed towards a large beautiful castle made from abalone pearl and other precious gems. Yugi's mouth fell open taking in the beautiful palace resting at the bottom of the ocean.

*That is gorgeous,* the petite siren gaped, "have you ever seen anything so beautiful?"

"Yes. You." Yami smiled at Yugi placing a kiss in his cheek. Yugi's face lit up as he blushed from the top of his head to the tip of his fin.

Yugi cleared his throat, "Um, I think we should start at the palace."

"I agree. After you, Aibou," Yami waved his hand forward indicating that he would follow the petite siren.

They swam into the abalone palace arriving in the middle of what appeared to be a throne room, "I don't recognize you two. What clan do you come from?" A siren with broad muscular shoulders and spiky blonde hair sat on the throne; his green fin swaying idly from side to side.

"Greetings. Are you possibly the king?" Yami asked arching an elegant ebony eyebrow.

The siren laughed, "You must be freshly transformed. We have not had a king in ages. I am the reigning monarch but I am not officially the king. Why do you ask?"

The tri-colored sirens swam closer to the monarch, "My name is Yami. He is Yugi. We are here to complete the treaty and bring the siren clans together."

The monarch rubbed his chin with a calloused hand, "What makes you think we need you? We are doing quite well on our own without the other clans. We don't need them and we don't need you. Whoever you are."