Cast List

A/N: I'm addicted to writing this story..that is all... Thank you all for reading and voting! I am eternally grateful!

/Thoughts/

"I need to speak with you short stuff," the greed eyed drama teacher commented.

"Hmmm? What's wrong?" Yugi asked as he took a seat next to Ms. Davidson on Monday morning before class.

Large green eyes looked pleadingly into Yugi's amethyst, "You are definitely getting a part in the play, Yugi, but I need Yami. No one else came close to having the deep haunting voice required of the Phantom. Will you please bring him by tonight after school so I can talk to him about it?"

Yugi nodded, "I will try. I am pretty sure he would be willing to come talk with you."

"Thank you! Hopefully, he agrees to it," She crossed her fingers smiling at Yugi.

\/\/\/

Yugi sat next to Yami during lunch taking out two apples and two salads before handing one of them to Yami.

Crimson eyes sparkled at the food provided to him, "Thank you, Yugi! If it weren't for you, I would starve during lunch." Yami's baritone voice filled the air with laughter.

Yugi smiled, "Don't mention it. Oh! Before I forget, Ms. Davidson wants to speak to you after school." Yugi took a bite of his apple as he glanced over at Yami.

A black eyebrow arched, "Oh?"

"I think she is going to ask you to take on the role of the Phantom," Yugi smirked at his crimson eyed doppelganger.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Yugi," the tanned shoulders slumped.

"Why?" Yugi chuckled.

"I know you were going after that part."

"No, Yami. I don't have the voice for the Phantom and I know it. I was auditioning for Christine. I know it is a female role, but if I force my hair to stay down, I actually look a little like a girl. Plus, I think my voice is best matched for Christine's role. I think it would be wonderful if you accepted the role of the Phantom!" Yugi beamed at Yami.

The dusky lips curved up in a warm smile, "I may just accept then."

A loud blaring noise erupted right next to Yugi's ear. He screamed; his petite form jumped high enough off the ground as he tried to get away from the offending noise that he ended up in Yami's lap; his heart racing a mile a minute. Crimson and amethyst blinked embarrassed at each other when they realized the position they found themselves in.

Yugi climbed out of Yami's lap, "Sorry." He whispered. Yami smiled. Yugi stood walking around the tree to find out what the loud noise was. His eyes landed on Bakura and Marik gripping their sides in laughter. His eyes traveled over the form of Bakura landing on an item in his hand.

The petite youth shrieked, "You blasted an air horn next to my ear?!"

Sharp espresso eyes looked up as he raised his hand and pushed the button setting off the loud blasting sound of the air horn within his grasp yet again. Yugi crossed his arms unamused. His heart beat finally beginning its decent down to a normal pace.

"You two are unbelievable," Yugi sighed as he went to sit back down resting his pounding head in his hands. /Great...the rest of the school day will be fun with this headache./

\/\/\/

Yugi met Yami at the entrance to the building after school. He dragged the Egyptian over to the drama room where Ms. Davidson was busy grading papers.