The Pied Piper

I made an effort to speak.

"You... You're the one who helped me this evening!" the boy grinned at me raising an eyebrow. He was really handsome.

"Oh, did I forget to introduce myself? I'm Peter, Peter Pan." he said taking my hand into his, willing to kiss it. I moved it away and glared at him.

"What did you do to Jack and the others?" I asked looking at his pan flute. He took it.

"This?" he let an evil smile out. "This is a very special instrument, my lady. And only special people like you and like me can hear it."

"I'm not special and I'm not your lady." I blurted out. He shot me a confused look.

"Aren't you an orphan?" he questioned picking the flute again. I nodded slowly. "Well then, can't you hear this?" he brought the instrument to his lips and started playing a wonderful melody. I tried to focus on the conversation, but it was really hard. I glanced at the campfire and the boys, who had cheered up and were dancing more energetically. And then, it hit me.

"You're the Pied Piper" I said with astonishment, and he stopped playing his flute.

"That's how they call me here?" he asked with a smirk. I nodded. "Seems like I've got two names then. That's quite unfair, isn't it? You know both of my names but I don't know yours."

"I'm Sienna" I stated stiffly.

"Sienna" he repeated. "Quite a beautiful name. Don't you dance, Sienna?" he asked, holding out his hand and smiling. I refused it and glared at him.

"Your magic doesn't work with me." I answered looking at him in the eyes.

"Magic? The only magic this pipe has is that only people who think they're unloved and lonely are able to hear it. I guess that's why you can hear it, right? Even though that's extremely unusual in girls." he chuckled. "I have done nothing to these guys. It was their choice to come here, and so was it yours."

"I don't mind whose choice it was. I'm just asking you to make Jack come back down to earth." I replied glancing over at the campfire, but the boys were still dancing and jumping around it. "And if you don't, I will."

Pan stepped closer and I backed away.

"I'm afraid that's not possible love, see: Jack and the others are coming with us to my home." he said pursing his lips as my anger grew bigger. Pan stepped closer again, but my back hit against a tree trunk.

"Us?" I asked, pretending I was scared. I put my hand into my pocket and took a small knife from inside.

"Of course, you're coming with me." he said as his face became closer to mine. I shivered and glared at him. He just smirked back.

I then pulled the knife out and tried to stab him in the stomach but, before I could touch him, his arm grabbed the small weapon. He instantly slammed me up against the tree and held the knife to my throat. One movement, and I would die.

"You've got fire. I like fire" he whispered in my ear, sending shivers running down my spinal cord.

"Then unless you want me to burn you, let me go." I hissed, struggling. "Now."

"You sure of what you're asking for?" he chuckled, his face becoming closer to mine.

"Absolutely." I stated looking at his stunning eyes.

He grinned and let me go, my back still stuck to the tree trunk. He fleetingly waved his hand in front of my face and, then, everything went dark.

"Farewell then, lost girl." I heard his voice before falling into his arms, unconscious.

***

She took the baby back to her arms and relaxed on the rocking chair, falling asleep.

He sat on a nearby, old chair and listened to the charming sound of the sea, the waves crashing against the rocks and the active workforce carried out in the harbor.

"So, little Sienna," the woman started with sweetness in her voice. "I hope you have a life full of joy and happiness."

"She will." the man claimed smiling, but she noticed a trace of concern in him.

"Are you alright, love?" she asked, shifting her look from the baby to him.

The man looked through the small window and sighed deeply before answering.

"Yes, alright." he finally stated with a flicker of insecurity inside.

***

My eyes felt heavy, but I managed them to open. I tried to remember what had happened, but I was really stunned. I looked around drowsily and discovered that I was up in a tree house, and had been sleeping on an old, dirty hammock. I tried to get up, but my head kept on spinning and I fell down.

"What the heck is going on?" I asked myself.

Suddenly, a boy turned up out of nowhere. I looked at him, amazed.

"Who are you?" I asked him. "And how did you do that?"

"I'm glad you're awake, lost girl." he said in response, taking me in his arms and leaving me on the hammock again. I squirmed in his gril, but I was too weak. I glanced at him; he had a strong, structured face. He was wearing a green, leave-like shirt and dark green trousers. He was really attractive. I looked at him in his stunning, forest green eyes, and everything became instantly clearer.

"You're the Pied Piper" I realized.

"I told you my name's Peter. Peter Pan." he reminded me. I soon started feeling better and recovered my usual energy, only to notice a cockily raised eyebrow and a a devious smirk on his face. He was starting to annoy me.

"Well, Peter Pan, could you tell where am I then?" I asked with anger rising in my voice as I spoke. He smirked approaching the hammock.

"Welcome to Neverland, Sienna."