Revelations (Part 2)

Sienna's P.O.V
The unexpected fact that Pan was willing to let me out of Neverland had taken me by surprise and, the more I struggled to understand why, the more furious and frustrated I got.

Since the beginning, Pan had shown to have some sort of strong interest in me, and not only by his words, but by his actions too.

He'd made me fight, scream, cry; go mad. He'd shown many of Neverland's secrets to me. And not only he knew who my father was, but had also sent me to him, uncovering my past and answering infinite questions I'd had as far as I can recall... although creating new ones too.

He'd spoken to me. Listened to me. Locked me up. Understood me. Fought me. Comforted me. Imprisoned me. Confused me.

Kissed me.

And, through all this, he had managed to change the way I saw him. And he had done it so well, that I didn't even know how to see him as. The only thing I could make up among the turbulent mist of mixed feelings that was starting to embrace me was something so extremely dark and intense that frightened me to the point that I feared to lose it. To lose him.

And the mere fact that he was willing to lose me so lightly made me go completely crazy, wondering if that ardent feeling of mutual need only existed in my head.

Apparently, it did.

Pan was now standing in front of Jack and me, waving his hands over the moonlit grass time after time, casting a spell under his breath. With every second that went by, the weakest branches of the huge tree towering over us shook more violently due to the strong wind that was starting to awaken. On the other hand, a horrifying, vast, dark green hole was forming on the ground.

I shivered at the eerily familiar feeling; it looked exactly like the one I'd seen when Pan had given me that potion, and I had witnessed my own father leaving me inside it.

A portal. That hole was the portal that would guide me out of Neverland.

Forever.

"Are you ready?" Pan shouted, trying to make his voice clear over the strong winds.

"Where are Al and Wayne?" Jack asked before I could answer.

Pan grinned briefly. "Perfectly safe, back at the orphanage where you all used to live."

Jack nodded his head and laid a hand on my shoulder, whispering something in my ear, probably trying to comfort me. But I could hear nothing. All I could focus on was that horrific hole, and the mere thought that I would be inside it within a few minutes made me sick.

The powerful hurricane halted abruptly, and the clearing fell to utter silence once again.

Until Pan spoke up.

"Come here, Sienna."

I felt Jack's grip on my shoulder become tighter, but he eventually let me go; not before sending me a warning look. I nodded at him and started walking towards Pan, going around the green portal.

"Don't worry, love," he whispered once I was near enough.

I turned to face the horrifying hole, feeling his breath on my neck.

"It'll be brief."

He grabbed my forearm, leading me towards the portal. I took small steps forwards, feeling the fear increase in my chest. The more I approached the hole, the bigger and scarier it looked, like a vast abyss of despair where I'd drown in within seconds.