Where I belong

Sienna's P.O.V
I gazed at the fire. I stared at its blazing flames, the shadows of the dancing Lost Boys occasionally darkening its powerful light.

I wonder if that's what Pan sees inside me. 'Cause I only see darkness in him.

But I knew something in that sentence was a lie. Not everything was darkness... not now. Something had changed. I continued to eye the blazes, admiring their power and persistence. The last time I'd found myself in this situation, I was sitting with Baelfire -whom I had just found was my step-brother- and Jack -whom I had always considered to be one. Now, I was alone.

Some hours ago, Pan had blinked us back to camp, leaving Jack behind at the beach. When we arrived, Pan led me to my tree house, were I found some new clothes he'd kindly got for me. I was now wearing a white, plain, short-sleeved blouse; a dark brown corset, which was tightly tied around my low-back and belly; a pair of tight, black, leather trousers; a pair of tall, brown as the corset, leather boots; and a long, dark, worn cloak with a hood. Two strands of both sides of my face were pulled back on a small, dark braid, that way my hair wouldn't bother me so much. Surprisingly, all the clothes fit me perfectly, and I was grateful for it. I truly looked like a real Lost Girl.

And, right now, Pan and Felix were sitting beside the fire, in the middle of the Lost Boys' circle, who were apparently celebrating my return -they didn't need much of a reason for celebrating anything though; they did every night. As usually, Pan was playing his pipe, but I didn't feel like dancing. I felt too devastated for any kind of celebration. I was so down that, somehow, I had become immune to the sound of the enchanted flute.

My gaze didn't leave the fire, until I sensed his piercing eyes on me.

Pan's P.O.V
I stopped playing my pipe. Glancing between the Lost Boys, I found her lost gaze staring at the fire beside me, only to meet her eyes when my own just laid on her. I took a deep breath before setting my flute down and standing up, walking towards her.

Sienna lifted her head slightly to face me, but my advantageous height still made her uncomfortable, so she stood up too.

"Care to dance?" I asked her with a genuine smile, which she didn't even return. She was really troubled.

Sienna shook her head, asking me with her eyes to sit down beside her, to which we both sat on the log again.

"Can I ask you something?" Sienna questioned, returning her gaze to the fire.

"You already did." I sneered and her lips briefly curved into a weak smile. But a smile.

I made her smile.

"Why could I hear the pipe?" Sienna asked, her eyes now meeting mine full of concern... no, it was curiosity. "Why am I the only girl able to hear it?"

A slight frown of confusion grew wider on my face, as I didn't know what to respond. I'd never thought of that.

"You're special, Sienna." I answered sincerely, and she looked away again, disappointed with my response.

She had just lost the two people she probably cared the most in the world a few hours ago, but she remained calmed, maybe troubled in the inside, but inflexible on the outside. I admired her strength.

"But you saved me," she recalled suddenly. "You saved me from those men who were chasing me. And you did it before you met me in the campfire."

The memory came to my mind too. It was unforgettable to me though, the first time I saw her.

"Why?" she demanded a little distrustfully.

Another question for which I had no answer. I just did it, I just saved her. I didn't need a reason, I don't need a reason for anything I do. I'm Peter Pan, I just do what I please.

Suddenly, our gazes met again, this time not running away from each other. She waited patiently for my answer. Though, instead of giving her one, I slid my right hand onto her thigh.

"Let's go for a walk, should we?" I whispered leaning closer to her.

She hesitated for a moment, pursing her lips tightly in uneasiness.

"Come on, lost girl." I urged, giving her one of my smirks. "You'll have to trust me someday. In the end, you belong here, with the Lost Boys." I leaned even closer. "You belong to me." I mumbled in her ear.

She stood still, not afraid of me close to her anymore, but perhaps nervous somehow.

"Now see, Peter Pan, that's where you're wrong: I don't belong to anybody." she began smirking at her use of my full name what, in fact, didn't displease me in any way.

She shove my hand off her thigh.

"But I'd love to go for a walk with you."

------
Sorryyy it took me a little long
Anyways hope you enjoyed!
Happy reading;)
~LostGirl2SR.