Riddles

Thomas' P.O.V
I rarely found myself speechless, but after her soft and frightened voice spoke those words I couldn't seem to quite find my own.

     My fingers fidgeted nervously as I pondered wether I should introduce myself or not. Eventually, I took a deep breath and set aside all the bloody thoughts and images that crossed my mind about the consequences of talking to a stranger captured by Pan.

     It couldn't be any worse.

     "Well, my name is Thomas," I said with a fairly shaky voice. "Why were you taken prisoner?"

     I tried to look through the bars of my cage as I waited for her answer, but then added quickly:

     "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to."

     "I came here looking for someone," she explained cautiously. "It was difficult, but I managed to get hold of the shadow despite the fact that it never takes girls along."

     I frowned as I tried to process all the information, suddenly feeling like a complete idiot.

     "So I was taken by a... shadow?" I arched an eyebrow as I spied between the bars again, but I couldn't see much.

     "I suppose so, yes."

     "And you said that shadow never takes girls with it?" I asked again.

     "Not that I know of," the girl spoke louder in every sentence, gaining confidence. "When it came and spied on my window, it was always interested in my brothers, but never me. But one day, after it had captured someone dear to me, I managed to jump off the window and grab its leg before it left again, flying."

     My brow furrowed in confusion.

     "I don't understand," I thought aloud. "When I woke up here, it was a girl who found me. Her name's Sienna. Perhaps you know her?"

     There was silence for a few seconds, then her voice echoed through the clearing again.

     "I'm sorry, Pan locked me up as soon as my feet landed on the island." the mysterious girl replied. "This place is actually unknown to me."

     "Oh, I know nothing of this place either," I chuckled. "Except, maybe, that it is ruled by a bunch of psychotic teenagers who apparently worship a maniacal boy with supernatural powers. Rather creepy, if you ask me."

     The softest of sounds reached my ears in the form of a shy laughter, and the thought that I had managed to make the girl smile made me curve my lips in a grin.

     "Don't worry," I spoke up again, rubbing my cheek unconsciously. "Sienna is going to come for us."

     Speaking so firmly, anything could appear to be true. The stranger girl said nothing in return, and a merciless fear and melancholy took over me as I let my eyes wander the stifling cage. My stomach would be soon roaring for food and my muscles were starting to ache.

My heart shrank slightly.

     "She is going to come..."

Sienna's P.O.V
A small twig and a few dried leaves scrunched under my feet as I looked around the woods indecisively.

     Pan had told me to meet him at sunset, but the tricky demon hadn't said anything about the place we should meet at.

     I'd spent the day wandering around the dark jungle, searching in every inch of every corner I had already explored before. I'd had no time to push through my boundaries to the unknown though, and I had still found nothing. Not even the slightest trace or the tiniest clue that could reveal Thomas' whereabouts.

     A small groan escaped my lips; I could bet anything my toes were full of corns.

     "Come on, Pan," I yelled to no one in particular. "I'm here!"

     "I can see it," a voice sneered. I didn't need to turn round to know he was right behind me.

     "About time," I rolled my eyes, and Peter Pan came to view with one of his smirks plastered on his loathsome face.

     "Impatient to see me, eh?"

     "Of course not," I scoffed as his right eyebrow reached a new and unbelievably high level.

     I reached into my cloak and took the folded, blank map which Pan had given me the previous day from inside.

     "Shall we start?" I asked impatiently.

     Pan shot me an intrigued look. "Let's see that precious mind of yours take action."

     I stayed silent, clenching my fists on my sides as I waited for him to recite the one that would be the first riddle.

     "Given our last conversation, I happened to find this riddle in particular most accurate for the occasion." Pan said as he started pacing around me, something that made me incredibly nervous.

     I tried to recall what we spoke about last night, but the only thing that came to my mind was the deal he offered and my reluctant acceptance.

     "Your next stop will be revealed," he continued. "When you name that one thing that belongs to you, but others use it more than you do."

     I'd expected Pan to disappear dramatically after pronouncing the last word, but he only stopped talking and looked me dead in the eye, taking a step closer.

     "Good luck" he whispered with a sly grin before his hand slipped to mine briefly, giving it a light squeeze.

     And, just as I had predicted, Pan vanished from the scene, leaving no trace behind.

"I'm coming, Thomas," I said under my breath, gazing at the blank map ever so intently.

"I'm coming."

---------
Thanks for the patience. I'm sorry.
I love you all. So really, thank you.