A new house

Jack shot me a warning look before joining the group of Lost Boys with Baelfire and I gave him a nod of self-confidence. He turned around, concerned anyways, and followed them. I faced Pan with a furious gaze.

     "So?" I asked, tired of him. He smirked raising an eyebrow.

     "Let's go." he stated, and grabbed my wrist.

     All of a sudden, the sights changed and we were back on that tree house, sitting on the old hammock again.

     "Remember this?" Pan asked me as he stood up. I nodded stiffly.

     "How would I forget it?" I hissed coldly. "I woke up on this hateful island for the first time in here."

     "Well, you'd better get used to it then," Pan continued, grinning. " 'Cause this will be your house for a long time. Actually, forever." Pan slowly pronounced each letter of the last word, earning one of my deadly glares. I was incensed. Forever? That was an awfully long time. And I wasn't willing to spend my eternity with Pan.

     I looked around, refusing to answer him. There were just the hammock, a small wardrobe and a little nightstand. Fortunately, there was such a big hole -which was supposed to be a window- in front of the hammock.

     "Are you really expecting me to live -" I began, turning around to face Pan. But he was gone.

     I sighed deeply as I laid on the hammock. I curled up with a knot in my throat. It's very hard to make me cry, but I couldn't hold the tears back this time. I was really confused due to all the things that had occurred the last hours, although I didn't even know for how long I had been staying in Neverland. I didn't know where Jack was by the moment, neither Baelfire; I didn't know -and was not sure if I wanted to- why Pan had tried to kiss me earlier, neither if I would have stopped him if I hadn't seen the Jolly Roger; and most important: I didn't know if I would get out of that horrible island anymore.

     All those thoughts overwhelmed me and I started crying silently until I fell asleep.

***

Bertha glanced at the scene behind the small room's door and listened to the conversation quietly.

     "Come on, love" the the woman said. "We cannot do that, and you know it."

     "She's not safe here." the man replied in a severe tone. "That horrible crocodile could hurt her. And I'm not willing to let that happen."

     The woman sighed sadly and stood up. Deep inside, she knew he was right. She walked towards a small cradle and looked at the baby inside it with melancholy in her eyes.

     "But how could I let my little kid go?" she sighed with glassy eyes.

     The man lowered his gaze.

     "There's no choice." the man stated. "I will go to see her. Now." the woman showed a scared reaction but nodded. He then walked towards the door firmly and Bertha moved aside.

     "May I help you, sir?" Bertha questioned cautiously. She knew too well his bad-tempered side.

     "Please, stay with her until my return." the man requested, put on his dark coat and left the house.