Deals

Baelfire's P.O.V
I was aimlessly wandering around the dense jungle, thinking about all what was happening at the moment.

     It had been a while since I had left Sienna at the Mermaid Lagoon. Sienna... that girl wasn't like any other one. Every time I saw her, I felt like I'd known her for a long, long time. Her eyes..., her eyes did remind me of someone. They were beautiful, indescribable. Their color went from light blue, to green and then dark blue again. She could almost talk with her gaze. And that amazed me. She amazed me.

     I had seen with my own eyes what she was able to do. She'd saved my life at the Target Practice and she was an excellent fighter. Not to say, she was really smart.

     But yet, something in her... something in her made me feel uneasy, concerned. I didn't know why, I just had the hunch that, despite all, I had to stay away from her. She was so familiar to me though..., that I could almost call her a friend. And I had never had many, so it was good to have her in that way.

     Then, there was Jack. He was nice and had helped me a lot too.

     And now we were all against each other, fighting for a stupid magic bean. I hated magic. Magic destroyed my family, and I was struggling not to let it destroy myself.

     And everything was Pan's fault. He began this stupid game, a game he knew that we could not win. Yep, Peter Pan never fails. And we were not an exception.

     Eventually, I reached a hill and sat down under a tree. The daylight had vanished and Neverland seemed to be darker than ever. That couldn't be good, for any of us.

     "You already gave up?" Pan's voice said behind me. I didn't even bother to turn around, but stood up again.

     "Are you Mr. Obvious now, Pan?" I snapped and heard his chuckle. He then reappeared in front of me, not letting me to keep on walking. A frown grew bigger on his face and I looked at him cautiously.

     "I need you to win this game, Baelfire." Pan said and I let out a laugh. Did he really speak seriously?

     "I thought that Peter Pan never fails." I chuckled. He said nothing and I laughed quietly, keeping on walking, but he stopped me putting his hand on my chest sharply and making me go backwards again.

     "I'm here to offer you a deal, lad." he replied and I looked at him, concerned. One of Pan's deals. I'd better run away. I glared at him.

     "I'm not interested in anything that you can offer me." I scowled. "You destroyed the only family that ever loved me." I stepped closer to him. "You distanced me from the Darlings." I shot him a deadly look. I wasn't afraid of him anymore. "You are a monster."

     Pan just stared back at me with his usual smirk growing wider on his face. "Well, but that's what I wanted to talk about, the Darlings." he raised an eyebrow and I frowned. I just couldn't stand him doing that.

     "Bloody hell," I scowled furiously. "Don't even dare to put a single finger on them!"

     He just chuckled. "That was not my deal, Baelfire. Actually, I want to help you go back with them." I widened my eyes in shock, but immediately tried to hide my excitement.

     "And why would you do that?" I asked in mistrust. He got serious again.

     "She can't win this game, Baelfire." Pan answered and I instantly knew who was he talking about. The only girl on the island. Sienna. "I need her. She must stay."

     "But why did you start this game then?" I replied and he smirked evilly.

     "Where would be the fun if I hadn't?" Pan stretched out his right arm and looked at me straight in the eyes. "So, are you willing to take my deal?"

     I thought about the Darlings, about the first time I saw Wendy. She had been so kind to me, hiding me from her parents and giving me her food. And despite all that, Mr and Mrs Darling had accepted me anyway. John and little Michael, who always knew how to make me smile. They were the only thing I had. I had abandoned them once, and didn't want to do it twice. I looked down at Pan's opened hand to see how my own one found its way to his, impulsed by an unknown force.

     "Deal." I stated. Pan smirked broadly and suddenly vanished.

     "You'll hear from me soon, Baelfire." his voice said behind me. I turned around willing to give him a response, but he had faded before I had the chance.

     I lowered my gaze, afraid of what I had just done. Had Pan used magic to force me to take his deal? I was afraid of the answer.

     "He's just playing with us." I said to myself trying to set all those bad thoughts aside.

     And perhaps he was but, deep inside, I did regret nothing.