Rancor (Part 1)

Baelfire's P.O.V
Being aboard the Jolly Roger again caused a bittersweet feeling on me. On one hand, that was the place where I stayed in for a long time, learning many useful skills and gaining an apparently trustful and loyal man's friendship. On the other hand, that was where that man stabbed me in the back.

     I remembered the treachery, the betrayal I felt when I saw my mother's drawing. He kept her. He knew her. He murdered her.

     And still, he kept on claiming he didn't. He kept on claiming it had truly been my father, the Dark One.

     "Your mother never meant to abandon you." he'd said when I found the drawing. "He wanted us to live together in the Jolly Roger. I can change Bae, for you. This ship can be your home, your family."

     Lies. Lies and more lies kept on leaving his lips as I felt my heart broken. Maybe he was right, and perhaps he could've changed. But any hope of that faded when I found out that he had used me. Captain Hook had taken advantage of my trust and had used me, only to get to know how to kill my father. And I ingenuously believed him. I ingenuously believed that, someday, we could have been a family. But even the sound of that word was stranger to my unloved heart.

     "I would forget the Dark One if you decided to stand by me." he kept on lying. "This ship can be your home, your family."

     That specific statement echoed in my mind. I asked him to bring me back to the Darlings, and I was told it was not possible to leave Neverland. That's how I ended being part of Pan's Lost Boys; being betrayed by a close friend. And all that friendship, that fondness that we had once felt for each other had turned into something dark and spiteful. Rancor.

     "Bae, look!" Jack shouted in a low voice, snapping me out of my haunting thoughts. "The man is leaving the room were Sienna is kept in. He must be the Captain."

     Of course, Jack and Sienna didn't know about my past with Hook. And that's how it was to remain. "I guess so," I agreed, pretending I didn't know Hook. I didn't care the reason why Pan had sent us there. For sure, it was because of me; he wanted me to suffer. But I didn't care. Jack and I just had to rescue Sienna, bring her back to safety and I could leave that hostile ship to never come back.

     "Come on," Jack urged me, nodding towards the cabin. "Let's get her before Pan or that pirate does." I nodded firmly at him, leaving the security that the barrels we were hiding behind offered to us.

     We carefully ran across the deck, getting to the cabin door. It was locked. I heard Jack swear under his breath as his attempts to open it were thwarted.

     "How did Sienna did it when we were locked up in that cage?" Jack thought out loud. "She said that she'd just pictured the object in her mind and then... it had come to life."

     I shot him an encouraging look and gazed him as he nodded to me, closing his eyes and trying to focus. We needed to be quick, otherwise we would get caught.

     After some interminable seconds, Jack's eyes suddenly fluttered open in frustration.

     "Shit," he swore under his breath. "This is useless." He bit his bottom lip and ran a hand through his hair nervously, but he didn't manage to calm down.

     "Let me try." I asked him and he nodded apprehensively, inquietude growing bigger inside him. I closed my eyes and pictured the key which Hook had locked the door with. I focused on that image, but it seemed impossible. Nothing appeared on my hand, neither on Jack's.

     As I was beginning to give up though, I sensed the touch of a corroded metal brushing the smooth palm of my right hand. I triumphantly opened my eyes to an anxious but now relieved Jack, who seized the key from my hand and rapidly unlocked the door.

Sienna's P.O.V
My exasperation grew bigger when I heard the sound of the door opening again.

     "Go the hell away! What do you want now?" I spat furiously, waiting for Hook to appear in front of me.

     But he didn't. "Oh nothing, sis." an all too familiar voice chuckled from behind. Jack. "Just here to rescue you."

     "Indeed we are." another voice agreed. And Baelfire.

     I let out a laugh of contentment. "Thank you, guys." I gratefully told them. "Let's get out of here." they both nodded determinedly and, as soon as my ropes were untied, we sneaked out of Captain Killian Jones' cabin.

     We jumped over the edge of the ship and climbed down a rope, reaching for the salty water, careful that nobody watched us. We waded along the sea and, when we finally reached the coast, we dropped ourselves to hot sand of the beach in exhaustion.

     "Thank you very much, guys," I thanked them again through deep gasps for air. "Really."

     They smiled weakly and nodded their heads before Baelfire spoke. "What were you doing on the Jolly Roger?" I bit my bottom lip and noticed how Jack's comfort vanished.

     "I needed to talk to its Captain," I started, pushing myself up and resting my weigh on the back of my forearms. They remained silent, waiting for me to continue. "Pan somehow... showed me my past. Where I came from... and who are my real parents." I stated as Jack's eyes ended drowning in their own misery.

-------
*Octavia Blake's voice*  WE'RE BACK BITCHES!
Wow. 11. Days. Without. Updating. I'm sooo sorry:(
What do you guys think is gonna happen? Tell me what you think;)
Thanks for reading
                  ~LostGirl2SR.

PS: As I promised, Part 2 is coming right now.